Sleeping on your stomach is a popular sleeping position, but it comes with both benefits and risks. If you are a stomach sleeper, you should read this article to learn more.
In this article, based on a publication from Healthline, we will discuss the advantages of sleeping on your stomach, as well as the potential risks associated with this position.
Benefits of Sleeping on Your Stomach:
1. Reduces snoring: According to healthline Sleeping on your stomach can help prevent snoring, which can be a nuisance for both you and your partner.
2. Reduces the chances of experiencing breathing difficulties while sleeping: Sleeping on your stomach can also reduce the risk of sleep apnea, which can cause breathing problems during sleep.
Risks of Sleeping on Your Stomach:
1. Causes back pain: Sleeping on your stomach puts pressure on your spine, which can lead to pain in the back when you wake up.
2. Causes neck pain: Sleeping on your stomach requires turning your head to the side, which can cause strain and sprain on the neck, leading to pain.
3. Not recommended for pregnant women: Sleeping on your stomach is not recommended for pregnant women, as it can cause discomfort and put pressure on the baby.
It is important to weigh the pros and cons of sleeping on your stomach to determine whether it is the right sleeping position for you.
Content created and supplied by: Jmews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More