According to Mayo clinic, back pain is one of the most common reasons people go to the doctor or miss work, and it is a leading cause of disability worldwide. People who are you to 50 years are more likely to suffer from back pain because at this age, they are more likely not to excercise and to experience diseases that can result in back pain.
Also, age is a risk factor in back pain and the more people advance in age the more they are likely to have back pain. Back pain can come in different ways such as stabbing or, burning sensation, or muscle ache.
People who have severe back pain may find it difficult to do certain things like standing, walking, bending, lifting things etc. Back pain can also move down to the legs and cause pain in the legs.
Image: Spine Universe
Here Are Five Common Causes Of Back Pain In People Who Are Up To 50 Years
1. Arthritis: arthritis is a degenarative inflammatory diseases. The back is one of the common places that is attacked by arthritis. There are different types of arthritis one of which is osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis usually affects the lower back. Osteoarthritis of the lower is common is a common cause of back pain in older people.
2. Osteoporosis: as people age, their body metabolism declines and their bone density reduces. This decline in body metabolism and reduction in bone density can cause the spinal cord to become porous and fragile thereby causing osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is one of the common causes of back pain in older people.
Image: New Life Look
3. Heavy Lifting: people who do stranous activities and jobs that require them to carry heavy things are likely to have back pain.
Lifting heavy things like cement for a prolonged period of time can strain the muscles and the ligaments in the back which can cause back pain.
Image: Revere Health
4. Bulging Disks: the disk are very important because, they serve as cushions between the bones in the spine. There is a soft material inside a disk which can bulge and begin to compress a nerve.
Older people are more likely to have these problems. Bulging or, ruptured disc can cause back pain.
Image: Appelachian Physical Therapy
5. Lack Of Exercise: exercise is very important for people of all ages and particularly for people who are up to 40 years and above.
However, it is more likely that people who are up to 40 years will be inactive when it comes to exercise. Lack of exercise is a risk factor and a cause of back pain.
Image: Verywell Health
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More