Salt and warm water gargles are recommended in many conditions related to throat. People experience various issues including cough and cold in which salt water gargles is an effective method for early treatment.
It is also used widely in majority of households because it is a very effective and healthy treatment which can be given to any age group.
Salt water gargles however have many other benefits as well which many of us are not aware of.
I will discuss about various benefits of salt water gargle.
The benefits are:
1. It clears nasal passage: More than often we are told to take do gargles using salt and warm water to ease your common cold and clear the nasal blockage that has occurred.
Salt water aids in removing the mucus that gets accumulated in the nose and respiratory tract and gives relief to the person. Salt water gargle also reduces inflammation and congestion that gives relief to the throat.
It is also useful in bringing down the pain in throat which happens during nasal blockage in many cases.
Gargling with salt and warm water helps to flush out the harmful bacteria and virus from the throat.
2. Respiratory Tract Infection: Gargling salt and warm water eases the throat infection and respiratory problems that occur in the upper part of the respiratory tract.
This helps in reducing risk of infections and virus in the respiratory system and digestive system to some extent.
For this you need to gargle with salt and warm water 3 times in a day.
3. Maintains pH levels: The solution of salt and warm water is useful in neutralizing the acids present in the throat and helps to maintain a healthy pH balance in the body.
Salt water gargle is a basic solution hence the excessive acid that is produced in the throat gets neutralized. Acid in throat is produced by bacteria present in the mouth which goes into throat of people. This can be prevented by doing salt water gargles.
4. Tonsillitis: Tonsillitis is a quite painful throat problem which occurs in many people. In this condition, the back of the throat gets inflamed because of bacterial and viral infection.
This condition means having two lumps at the back of your throat which causes pain while swallowing any type of food. Gargling with salt water can reduce this pain and ease the symptoms of tonsillitis infection.
5. Toothache and bleeding gums: Toothache and bleeding gums can be a result of various dental problems. Bleeding gums or swollen gums can be especially treated with the help of salt and warm water gargle.
Infact most dentists recommend salt and warm water gargles on a daily basis to reduce gum and dental problems.
Rinsing your mouth with salt water can help you get rid of toothache to a good extent.
6. It gets rid of bad breath: Bad breath is a serious issue because it can cause lifestyle problems with you and can affect your personality.
Bad breath can also be because of bacterial infections or problems related to digestive system or mouth. Hence to make sure that you do not face any social issues, it is better to gargle twice in a day with salt and warm water to get rid of the bad smell coming from the mouth.
It also gets rid of bacterial infections which occur orally which means having less risk of dental problems.
7. Mouth ulcers: Mouth ulcers are very painful and can create a hurdle in eating or speaking. Salt water gargles are very effective in treating mouth ulcers and it reduces the pain that comes along with it.
Gargling with salt and warm water increases the process of healing the ulcers and gives relief to the person within a few days. For this, you need to gargle with salt and warm water 3-4 times in a day.
Content created and supplied by: MatronJcares (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More