To management like directors/senior managers should be active in the management of health and safety. They can demonstrate their commitment by taking action to meet their responsibilities, for example making resources available.
To determine the resources needed to establish, implement and maintain a health and safety management system, top management should consider:
1. Organisational resources to coordinate the involvement of managers and others in the development of the system. Resources are also likely to be required to ensure those using the health and safety management system have a clear understanding of the system.
2. Time required from those involved in establishing, implementing and maintaining the system.
3. Technical information and equipment required. For example, access to information technology to enable the written content of the management system to be made available to managers.
4. People required to establish, implement and maintain the system most especially managers, health and safety practitioners and workers representatives. It may be necessary to seek external assistance for specific knowledge, skill and experience.
5. Financial resources needed.
6. Amount of support required from top management.
Content created and supplied by: josiahriches (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More