Cooking And Eating Your Beans Without Doing This First Could Be Slowly Killing You.
Beans are one of the most nutritious legumes one can eat to obtain a rich source of protein, decrease blood sugar level, reduce cholesterol level and increase healthy gut bacteria.
There are several ways different people cook beans including boiling, baking and even frying. Due to some chemical composition in beans, it can cause constipation or even excessive farting after consumption.
However this is not a reason to avoid eating beans. In fact experts advise you consume at least three cups of beans weekly to maintain optimal health nutrition. Most of the stomach issues experienced after eating beans is as a result of the body's inability to effectively digest this legume.
Chemicals such as dichlorvos or 2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate commonly abbreviated and known as DDVP. DDVP is an organic phosphate widely used as an insecticides for beans storage.
These Organophosphate chemicals/insecticides such as DDVP, Pyrethroids example: permethrin, deltamethrin and some other organochlorides like gammalin are mostly used by Commercial Agriculturist for the mass preservation and storage of beans. These corrosive chemicals has reportedly lead to food poisoning and even death of consumers. Some of the above mentioned chemicals are banned classes of chemicals, yet there have been reportedly discovered to be used to preserve beans for long term purposes because of its effectiveness.
To Prevent This Food Poisoning Here Is What You Must Do.
1. Thoroughly select or pick the beans removing every stone and dirty particles found in the beans. Since they can cause stomach upset or even inflamed appendix.
2. Wash the beans and soak in water for about 30 minute - 1 hour to remove dust and expel these gas-formimg compounds. Soaking also helps to accelerate the perboiling or cooking period of the beans.
3. Always drain the water in the beans completely after perboiling for about 20-30 minutes to remove all the preservative chemicals that can be harmful and cause food poisoning.
4. Use plenty Palm oil when cooking your beans this will help to aliviate excessive farting after consumption. Make sure the beans is properly cooked. Undercooked lectin in beans can cause nausea, diarrhea and even vomiting.
5. Add vegetables, plantain and fish for a more balanced diet. This will also make your beans tasty and more appealing.
Hit the Like👍 button, share, follow and let's create maximum awareness alot of people are eating beans in this lock down because of how expensive rice has become.
Don't forget to drop a comment if this was truly helpful.
Content created and supplied by: Reality_Sounds (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More