Almost everything we consume contains some form of water. Our food, drinks, etc. Even we as humans contain about two thirds of water in our body. This is to show the significance of water as a molecule.
Water is one of the most refreshing drinks you can take. You can take it warm, cold (not too cold), with a dash of lemon or cucumber, etc. Often the health professionals often recommend that an individual should drink about 3 litres of water per day. That's how important water can be. The water you consume should always be clean.
Water is one of the most important components in the human system required for
• excretion of waste products by the kidneys, skin and digestive system;
• preventing dehydration;
• adequate transport of nutrients in the body;
• important chemical reactions that take place in the body and formation of important chemical compounds such as hormones and neurotransmitters, etc.
Health Benefits of Water
Some of the health benefits of drinking water include:
1. It helps to promote and maintain good skin healthy and beautiful skin. It also helps in hair growth
2. It prevents dehydration. Dehydration can impair so many processes in the body.
3. It aids adequate lubrication of the joints.
4. It helps brain and spinal cord health by being one of the components that ensures adequate formation of neurotransmitters and other related compounds.
5. It aids digestion and prevents constipation
6. Replacing every sugary or fizzy drink with water can help in weight loss.
7. It helps in eradication of waste such as the sweat and faeces.
8. It helps to regulate body temperature and maintain blood pressure
9. It helps to moisten the airways.
10. It helps the kidneys by preventing the formation of kidneys stones and crystalluria, thus preventing kidney damage.
Ensure you always drink adequate water. Replace your fizzy and sugary drinks with water. Your body would thank you for it. Also, always use water with your drugs. Till next time, stay healthy and safe!
Content created and supplied by: Saddle (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More