The internet is full of conflicting advice about corn. There are lots of articles on why you should not eat corn. Some alternative health sites focus on the perceived harms of genetically modified organism (GMO) corn or they dismiss corn as a potentially dangerous grain.
When corn is eaten in an unprocessed way, non-GMO corn kernels have some great benefits and nutrients. Organic corn have vitamin C, magnesium-rich food, and provides a good amount of your daily dietary fiber. Now, let us talk about 10 reasons why you should always eat corn.
1. Good for heart: Corn is a staple crop that has been part of traditional diets for many years, and is linked to longevity and overall health. The crop also provides protective phenolic phytochemicals that are beneficial for heart health and controlling blood sugar levels.
2. Regulate blood sugar: Phytochemicals present in corn can regulate the absorption and release of insulin in the body, which can prevent sudden spikes and drops in your blood sugar.
3. Rich in vitamins: Corn is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage and ward off diseases like cancer and heart disease. Yellow corn is a good source of the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for eye health and help prevent the lens damage that leads to cataracts.
4. Lower blood pressure: Phytonutrients found in corn inhibit ACE, lowering the risk of high blood pressure.
5. Reduces the risk of Anemia: Corn is rich in iron, which is an essential mineral needed for the production of red blood cells in the body. It thus helps in reducing the risk of Anemia.
6. Boosts energy: Sweet corn is a starchy grain that contains complex carbohydrates, which get digested slowly and in turn work as a storehouse of energy. Starch is a type of complex carbohydrate, which helps control blood sugar levels, unlike refined carbs. Refined carbs give you a short burst of energy, and leave you feeling hungry soon after eating.
7. Good source of antioxidants: Corn kernels are a good source of carotenoid antioxidants, which are known to support the immune system. The antioxidants also protect the eyes and skin from oxidative stress.
8. High in protein: Corn is higher in protein than many other vegetables, making it a good choice for vegetarians and vegans, or for people hoping to eat more protein from non-animal sources.
9. Tryptophan: Organic corn is high in carbs. Carps stimulate insulin, which indirectly makes tryptophan more available. Tryptophan is an amino acid needed for normal growth in infants and the production and maintenance of the body's proteins, muscles, enzymes, and neurotransmitters. It is an essential amino acid. This means your body cannot produce it, so you must get it from your diet.
10. Some studies also suggest that a diet rich in protein may support healthy weight loss by either reducing hunger or helping the body burn extra calories.
Please note that a high intake of corn can have some negative effects on some people, for this reason, you are advised to take moderate amounts of corn.
Like and follow us to read more related posts. Don't forget to share with your friends and family.
Content created and supplied by: IQbooster (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More