The youthful stage is a period where many young people display a lot of exuberance towards life. The adolescent stage is just too exciting. No wonder many young people make so many mistakes at this stage of their life. This period is filled with a lot of enthusiasm about the things of life. Youths mainly tend to sacrifice their goals for short term pleasure. This period is the time where many destinies are shaped and any mistake made at this stage will cause a bad effect later in life. That is why young people need to be properly guided to avoid wasting their life on things that don't count.
The youthful stage is very sacrosanct but most youths do not understand this. Successful people like Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Elon Musk etc, all started building their empire right from their youthful stage. Your 20s is a very special period in your life and it should not be wasted. Some of the mistakes most young people make that later make them regret in life include;
1. Young people tend to live a fake lifestyle on social media just to gain attention. Social media has caused a lot of depression among youths and this is very wrong. Time wasted can never be recovered hence you must spend that time working and developing yourself.
2. Not seeking knowledge and reading good books during the early stage of their life. Many youths even believe this is a waste of time but this is wrong. Readers are leaders hence read if you want to lead.
3. Young people engage in imprudence and abuse of drugs, sex, alcohol and mischievous activities thinking there are enjoying their lives. All these vices can destroy one's destiny hence all young people should avoid this.
4. Young people do not learn new things every day. They do not upgrade their skills daily. They waste all their time watching movies and playing games.
5. Their social media life makes them cut off from the real world. They do not focus on learning and acquiring the basic skills needed in the real world such as communication skills and critical thinking (problem-solving) skills. Studies have shown that the cognitive ability of most youths is declining and this is very serious.
6. Young people live extravagant life and do not save money for future emergencies. They exhibit dogmatic behaviour to please people and this is wrong.
7. They tend to waste time as they procrastinate on important tasks of the day. This is mainly as a result of spending time on things that don't matter.
8. They never practice discipline in their life. There is no way you can become successful if you are not disciplined.
9. They exhibit dogmatic behaviour which is living with the result of other people’s thinking. They are ready to compromise their values. They chase things that don't have long term gain.
10. They keep on wishing without taking action. All they look for is a shortcut to success. Short but will always cut your life short hence avoid it.
11. Most young people tend to waste precious hours surfing the net and using social media. This has led to a lot of digital deluges and digital dementia.
12. They are not ready to accept responsibilities and they keep on blaming people for their failure. This is very evident in our society today.
13. Young people never plan. They only live for the moment and do things that bring instant gratification.
For the young people out there, there is more to life. Instead of wasting your youthful days on things that don't count over time, use it and develop yourself. Prepare yourself for the great future that lies ahead of you.
Content created and supplied by: HealthArena (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More