Boredom can seem insurmountable to overcome. This is especially true now, when many of us are confined to our homes owing to a variety of circumstances. Some people have children to keep them occupied, while others are working even harder during this crisis. Others are trapped inside, staring at the same surroundings they've been staring at for days, possibly alone, and feeling as if nothing can help them get out of their rut.
Don't worry; boredom is just a state of mind, and we're here to help you get out of it. We've compiled a list of 60 terrific spirit-lifting, boredom-busting ideas for you to try the next time you're feeling down in the dumps. Good luck and have a good time.
1. Begin to watch a new reality show. Maybe you've always wanted to audition for Top Chef, or maybe you've never seen an episode of Real Housewives? Television shows are made to keep you watching, which might be beneficial to a bored mind.
2. See a classic film you've never seen before. It's time to see what all the fuss is about in Casablanca.
3. Take a look at a fantastic essay. You don't have to look far to find what you're looking for; you can easily find one online.
4. Go to YouTube and type in "happy birthday + [your name]." It's not necessary for it to be your birthday to appreciate listening to a group of strangers sing to you.
5. Make a playlist of your best high school tunes. I'm guessing you haven't heard Eve 6's "Inside Out" in a while. What about “Do Right” by Jimmie's Chicken Shack?
6. Watch as many episodes of your favorite show as you want. Who cares, right? Just keep watching until it's no longer entertaining.
7. Begin reading a book you've been meaning to read for a while. It's time to see what (at least the first part of) Swann's Way is all about.
8. Play a game on your computer. If you don't have a video gaming system, there are plenty of free alternatives available online.
9. Take a look at some humorous writing. Jack Handey's or Samantha Irby's writings will delight your thoughts.
10. Put a puzzle together. If you're interested in that type of thing.
11. Create a music video playlist for your television. It's almost like being in a bar, in a way.
Content created and supplied by: Star_Hub (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More