Firstly, what statistics are you relying on? How accurately and honestly do various countries supply this information? I know for a fact that many suicides are reported as accidental deaths. Also, what other demographics are you considering? Age group for example? What are you excluding? Assisted terminations among elderly for example?
In India, whether it is a married woman or a female soldier, the status of women is very low, and the suicide rate of civilian women is also very high.According to a foreign broadcaster, the suicide rate of married women in other countries is much lower than other populations, but this figure is an exception in India.
The Union home ministry says the reason for the suicides is because of occupational hazards such as long and continuous tenures of deployment. According to the ministry, personnel also struggle with family issues, domestic problems and marital discord. Sometimes they have “perceived grievances” or financial problems. The government claims that the “mental built” of the individual and their “inability to withstand stress” are also reasons for the high number of suicides of Indian female soldiers.
According to statistics, all married women in India commit suicide every year up to more than 20,000. Among them, 9,000 of them are because their dowry did not meet the requirements of their husbands' homes, which led to their abuse and death. Some even burned to death.
What happened to the "dowry dispute" in India?
Growing up in India, my sister and I used to play a game of, “What would you do if you had 1 lakh rupees?”
One lakh rupees — about $1,500 — to our young minds was an unfathomably large amount that could buy you the entire universe. The game kept our imaginations active during long car rides and power outages. Our answers were always variations of buying a beach bungalow somewhere exotic where there are no power outages or buying a really fast car.
In fact, this is a unique marriage custom in India. In India, not only do women not get a penny of gift money, they also have to put on a large amount of dowry. If the dowry is too small, they will be discriminated against or even abused in their in-laws. Burned to death. So if there are too many daughters in India, the family will definitely suffer.
Even though dowry has been illegal in India since 1961, it is still prevalent. Actual numbers are not known, but anecdotally about half of the weddings in my family and friend's circles involve dowry.
Still, it’s rarely reported as a crime. According to the National Crime Records Bureau of India, in a country with nearly 10 million weddings a year, less than 10,000 cases of dowry were reported in 2015. Dowry gets reported only when the groom’s demands go beyond what the bride’s family can afford or when the bride is physically abused or, worse, killed, as cases that gained media attention show.
1. Although most Indians have dark skin, most people are obsessed with white skin. Those women who are unfortunately born in low caste families in India are destined to be discriminated against throughout their lives.
2. In India, boys will get all kinds of racing cars and toys when they are young, while girls can only get kitchen toys at most. When they reach the age of school, boys will be sent to school to learn, while girls will learn at home How to do housework.
3. After the child grows up, the boy can smoke and drink casually, and even pee. The girl even bought a pack of sanitary napkins after the menstrual period came and wrapped them in a newspaper, otherwise they would be regarded as indecent by others.
4. In India, men not only do n’t have to give gifts, but also get a large amount of dowry. Women who marry do not get the respect they deserve.
5. In India, men can enjoy sexual happiness between couples after they get married. If women have this desire, they will be regarded as sluts by others, and even tofu at home by other relatives and friends will be regarded as Women's mistakes, let alone being violated by others.
Some people may think that the status of Indian women soldiers may be higher than that of ordinary people, but it is not. In India so far there are only about 18,000 female soldiers. In the Indian army, women of the low caste can only be an ordinary soldier after enlisting in the army, and they will never get any promotion opportunities, while the high caste The woman became an officer directly after joining the army. The Times of India once reported that the number of Indian female soldiers could not even reach 2% of the entire army, and the suicide rate of female soldiers in the army reached 41.7%.
The suicide rate is mainly due to the following two reasons.
1. In Indian consciousness, it is true that women are harassed or raped.
2. In the Indian army, there are more men and fewer girls, which shows how much pressure women soldiers face.
Being a soldier is a good employment opportunity for Indian women, but at the same time facing the dual unfair treatment of the family and the army, it is conceivable that the pressure will be great, so the suicide rate of women in India will be so. high
Content created and supplied by: Busyhand (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More