Yoruba leaders tackle police over Igboho
Adeyemo has said he did not receive the letter sent to him by courier on Thursday and a copy of the letter from about 15 police officers, nor did he accept the invitation. An internet newspaper quoted Igboho as explaining to his media adviser Olayomi Koiki that he had not received the letter for security reasons, citing the death of top journalist Dele Giwa in the explosion following the 1986 bombs.
Two prominent Yoruba groups, Afenifere and the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), made exceptions to the IGP's actions, which they described as abnormal and unjustified.
While Afenifere leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, described the letter as proof that Nigeria is under a civil dictatorship, YCE Secretary General Dr. Kunle Olajide why the leaders of the Miyetti Allah Breeders Association (MACBAN), who repeatedly said to offend law and morality, have not been so invited by the Inspector Genral of Police.
"We are not in a normal situation at all. This is the time when people die without a trace. So people have to be careful. " He advised Igboho to be vigilant, stating that he has the right to justice in a democratic environment to practice.
The YCE scribe, Dr Olajide, in an interview with Saturday Tribune on Friday, Olajide said: “The Miyetti Allah has spoken on television and in newspapers making more inciting and terrorising statements in the last one year and none of its leaders was invited. So, for me, I do not see any justification for inviting Sunday Igboho.
Human rights activist Femi Falana (SAN) yesterday tampered with a US State Department report on the Lekki shooting. The US report released on Tuesday claims that there is no accurate information about the Lekki shooting that took place on 20 October 2020.
The report also claims that while soldiers fired live ammunition "to disperse" #EndSARS protesters, there are no verifiable reports on the number of deaths. In a statement, Falana said US reports of the Leki canvas incident were "inconsistent and misleading."
The lawyer also described the report as unfavorable, saying the Lagos government had set up an inquiry commission.
Jesus Will Roll Away Banditry, Kidnapping, Herdsmen’s Attacks, Says CAN In Easter Message
The Christian Association of Nigeria has been encouraging Christians across the country not to be deterred by the security situation that injures the country.
In a statement on Friday, CAN President Samson Olasupo Ayokunle urged Nigerians not to be discouraged by the many challenges facing the nation.
The Christian body encourages Nigerians to make a positive impact on others when they leave the best in life and prays that Jesus will reject civil unrest, bandits, kidnappings, pastoral attacks, ritual killings, armed robbery, unemployment and other national challenges.
The statement reads: "Rejoice with the hope that everything will be well. I rejoice with all Christians across Nigeria and around the world for the grace that God has given us to celebrate Easter this year. Thank God we are not under complete lockdown this year as it was last year,l. Praise the name of God who shows His mercy in Nigeria.
While you finally rejoice to see the risen Lord, you must also see God's glory and be filled with eternal joy in the name of Jesus.
Those who remove the stone from the grave will resist civil unrest, bandits, kidnapping, pastoral attacks, ritual murder, armed robbery, unemployment and other challenges that we currently face in this country in the name of Jesus Christ.
Do your best so that your life will affect others positively and God will reward you abundantly in the name of Jesus. Happy Easter. Let Hallelujah be your song forever in the name of Jesus. "
NIN deadline: Subscriber groups reject FG’s one-month extension
The Telecom participant group has asked the federal government to comply with a court decision to extend the integration period of the national identification number and participant identity module by two months.
They said the one-month extension announced by the government on Friday would not be enough and insisted that the government comply with the court's ruling on March 23, 2021. The Federal Court in Lagos ordered an extension of the NIN registration period to two months.
Justice M.A. Onyetenu allowed an extension of time when he ruled Monday on the case filed by human rights lawyer Ubani, urging the court to prevent the Nigerian Communications Commission from disconnecting SIM cards that are not connected to NIN.
Deolu Ogunbanjo urged the Ministry of Communications and the Digital Economy to set an example and comply with court orders. "May 6th is unacceptable. You have to enforce the punishment." There is a court decision that must be extended until June 6, so the extension is not a problem, "he said.
For the joint efforts of the NCC Public Relations Director, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, and the Director of Corporate Communications for the National Identity Management Commission, Kayode Adegoke, announced FG's decision to extend the NIN-SIM line for one month.
The meeting on Thursday with key stakeholders was chaired by the Minister of Communications and the Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami.
The request for extension was approved (withdrawn) by Major General Muhammadu Buhari, the statement said.
According to the statement, more than 51 million people have received NIN, and the current monthly number of registrations has increased significantly to around 2.6 million registrations.
Content created and supplied by: Femisport (via Opera News )