Governors from diverse part of south East have been deliberating on issues concerning the insecurity in the region and how to curb it, since April 11, 2021 series of meetings have been held on how to establish a security outfit known as EBUBE AGU that will assist other security groups in the region of southeast.
According to the statements which was put out by the governors of South East, the security outfit is to monitor the various activities of vigilante groups in each region and the head quarter of the EBUBE AGU outfit is to be located at Enugu state as stated by the chairman of southeast governors forum called Dave Umahi.
The statements by the governors after so much discussion on the current security problems in the southeast from the meeting which was held on April 11, 2021 at owerri is as follows;
1. To firmly condemn the burning of police stations, violent attack and killings including security personnel, farmers, native and herdsmen.
2. To assist the federal government in combating with terrorists and bandits.
3. To bring about unity among commands zones.
4. To support and ensure total success in the fight against criminality from the five southeast operatives in diverse zone.
5. To improve new effective order to enable crime checkmate in the zone.
6. To enable the exchange of intelligence and seamless among zones.
7. To bring up a comprehensive lists of their logistics and material in other to fast track crime that may arise.
8. To monitor implementation of the joint southeast security platform and provides immediate leadership when needed.
9. To applaud the ideas from the southeast security summit among a five southeast states while hosting.
10. To Maintain a joint security outfit group known as EBUBE AGU in the southeast region.
11. The meeting also relate the acting IGP to halt all influx of IGP monitoring team. And allow the CPS with other zonal commands to handle such matter.
12. The meeting was also aimed at finding the reasons for increase insecurity.
13. To improve adequate fund to military policing for them to be effectives.
14. To implement and ban open grazing by security agency.
15. To encourage a peaceful coexistence among farmers and headers in the fight against criminality.
Content created and supplied by: Kenichuckwuedu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More