In a cloudy Friday evening, which is the 17th day of July in the year 2020. We have the following Breaking news headlines from across Nigeria and the world.
1. NLNG denies alleged $1.05bn illegal withdrawal.
2. ICYMI: Eagles didn’t have my jersey size, jokes Akinfenwa.
3. Shareholders call for cost-cutting measures at NAHCO.
4. ICYMI: Hushpuppi: Between Dabiri-Erewa and Frank Mba.
5. Student detained 54 days for creating parody twitter account of Jonathan.
7. Plateau shuts hospital, quarantines 29 as two health workers test positive.
8. COVID-19: UK begins issuance of flexible visa to doctors, others.
9. Regulate import of electronic materials, economist advises FG.
10. Messi predicts Champions League failure if Barca fail to change.
11. Zidane a blessing from heaven – Real Madrid president.
12. NLC boss died of diabetes, not COVID-19 – Taraba.
13. BREAKING: Finally, embattled ex-NDDC MD, Nunieh, testifies before Reps.
14. Nine power plants shut down, 2,079MW capacity stranded.
15. Newborn baby found dead at Bauchi refuse dump.
16. Buhari congratulates Nigerian appointed VC of UK varsity.
17. FAAN threatens to bar non-compliant VIPs from airports.
18. Tanker accident causes gridlock along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
19. Magu’ll be cleared of allegations, reinstated, says counsel.
20. Foreign reserves drop to $36.12bn, says CBN.
21. The Lagos State Government on Friday warned against social media reports about job vacancies at the State COVID-19 Isolation Centres.
22. Why 36 State Governments, FCT, should issue ID Cards.
23. Breaking: Tolulope Arotile to be buried in Abuja with full Military Honours — NAF.
24. Fraud allegations: PDP tasks Presidential Panel over Magu’s boast of reinstatement.
25. Vibration on Niger Bridge not a threat ― FG.
26. ONDO 2020: We’re bothered, 48 hours to election we still don’t know mode of primaries ― APC aspirants.
27. Back-to-Farm: NALDA set to train NYSC corps members in mechanized farming.
28. NIMN launches new professional code to guide marketers.
29. Udom’s Completion agenda: Opening sustainable business opportunities in Akwa Ibom.
30. COVID-19: FG to review decision on school resumption ― Nwajiuba.
31. NDDC crises: Akpabio should resign ― APC chieftain.
32. COVID-19 exposes Nigeria’s neglect for NCDs — Dr. Kingsley Akinroye.
33. COVID-19: KADPOLY set to reopen if FG permits – Rector.
34. Oxygen key for treatment of COVID-19 patients — HEI, Air Liquide.
35. Russia pledges commitment to treaty banning nuclear tests.
36. Covid-19: Adeboye unveils locally produced sanitizer dispensing machine.
37. Nigeria’s inflation rate hits 12.56% ― NBS .
38. Police refute Wike, say IGP, Rivers CP aware of Nunieh’s home invasion.
39. Ekiti Justice Ministry exposes 66-yr-old convicted sex offender.
40. Niger Republic repatriates 42 Nigerians over COVID-19 violation.
41. Mararaba: Taraba community where water is luxury.
42. (BREAKING) Alleged N1.4bn fraud: Appeal Court strikes out four charges against Gov Emmanuel, Paul Usoro, others.
43. 2,000 Boko Haram victims in Adamawa get farm tools.
44. Why Ihedioha desperate to come back ― Imo govt.
45. U.S. records 77,300 COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
46. Akpabio to sue Joy Nunieh for defamation, denies ‘false allegations’
47. Nunieh: Wike demands IGP’s investigation into attempted abduction.
48. NDDC: South-South Governors support forensic audit.
49. Ekiti cancels planned reopening of churches, mosques.
50. EFCC nabs Uniport undergraduate, girlfriend, mother for internet fraud.
51. Gov. Okowa recounts COVID-19 experience.
52. Reps summon Akpabio, NDDC Acting MD.
53. Court dismises suit seeking to nullify Fayose-led Ekiti PDP ward congress.
54. Troops storm kidnappers’ den in Benue forest, rescue 34.
55. Olusola Oke, Odimayo absent at Ondo APC aspirants’ peace parley.
56. I won’t accept any disrespect to National Assembly, Buhari tells appointees.
57. ACF condoles with Kogi over death of female combat helicopter pilot.
58. Man docked for illegal possession of 80 army uniforms.
59. Officers at Joy Nunieh’s residence on legitimate duty – Police.
60. New UNIPORT VC resumes, seeks resolutions of 59 court cases.
61. COVID-19: ‘Families of deceased health workers to get financial benefits’.
62. You’re under financial curse if you don’t pay tithe- Oyedepo says.
63. WTO: Okonjo-Iweala thanks Buhari, NASS, ECOWAS for support.
64. Kanye West files new document for 2020 Presidential run.
65. Ohanaeze to FG: caution Miyetti Allah over provocative statements.
66. You won’t get hazard allowance in the UK- Ehanire tells doctors planning to migrate.
67. Tolulope Arotile’s death suspicious — Gani Adams.
68. Germany introduces localised lockdowns to contain COVID-19 outbreaks.
69. 7.0 magnitude earthquake hits Papua New Guinea.
70. MASSOB blasts Presidency on Magu, advises Arthur Eze.
71. Gokada founder, Fahim Saleh’s autopsy report revealed.
72. 75-year-old woman marries daughter’s husband after she cheated on him.
73. I was paid N500 for every killing, suspected Ibadan serial killer confesses.
74. Immigration Service arrests 42 Nigerians for illegal migration.
75. Ajaokuta iron and steel integrated plant ready for full operations ― Sole Administrator.
76. Court fixes July 22 for definite hearing of Ex-Army General’s N8.1bn suit against Lagos.
77. COVID-19: Ekiti govt postpones reopening of worship centres till August 14.
78. Scramble for Akeredolu’s running mate polarises Unity Forum.
79. Supreme Court Victory: It is time to develop Bayelsa, Diri urges Alaibe.
80. US moves to seize Yahya Jammeh’s $3.5m mansion.
Good evening and thank you for reading as I promise to update you with more as they come. Please stay tuned.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More