Calcium is sometimes referred to as "bone food." Calcium levels in the body play an important role in the strength and health of your bones, teeth, and joints. The foods you eat, such as goat meat pepper soup, are one of the most important sources of calcium.
Before I delve into the foods that help to make your bones stronger and healthier, let me give you a little overview of your bones and the negative implications of having low calcium levels in your body, which causes bone weakness.
Osteoporosis is the medical term for bone thinning or weakness, and one of the main reasons of this disorder is a lack of calcium in the body. Consuming nutritious meals such as local foods, which assist to raise the level of calcium in your body and thus helps to make your bones stronger and healthier, is one of the most effective ways of preventing osteoporosis or weak bones.
Nigerian traditional cuisine, as well as those cooked with natural ingredients, are extremely healthy and beneficial to our health. They are high in vitamins and minerals, which assist our bodies stay healthy and work well. Below is a list of five foods that are high in calcium and should be consumed on a regular basis to help avoid bone weakening or osteoporosis.
Below is a list of five foods that are high in calcium and should be consumed on a regular basis to help avoid bone weakening or osteoporosis.
1. Soup with goat meat and peppers. One of the nutrients that can be gained from goat flesh is calcium. Calcium is an essential mineral that is primarily present in bones, as you may know. Ninety-nine percent of the calcium in the body is stored in the bones, and this calcium is what gives the bones their hardness and strength.
Anything that depletes the calcium in your bones will lead your bones to become weaker and less tensile as a result. As a result, it's a good idea to eat more goat meat.
2. Okra also has a high calcium content, which, like goat meat, helps to strengthen your bones.
3. Tomatoes in a sauce or in a stew Tomatoes include a variety of nutrients and minerals, including calcium. To reap this benefit, consume more fresh tomatoes on a regular basis.
4. Soup with vegetables. Vegetables also include a significant amount of calcium, which aids in the strengthening and health of your bones.
5. Plantain porridge: Plantains are high in minerals like iron and calcium, both of which are necessary for the building of healthy and strong bones.
6. Porridge made from potatoes. Potatoes, like plantains, contain calcium, which aids with bone health.
I will love to see your opinion in the comments section below.
Content created and supplied by: Cynthia112 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More