The 2022 FIFA world cup tournament in Qatar came to an end on December 18 with Argentina emerging victorious on penalties. Few days after the tournament was concluded, the premier league returned back to action on December 26 with various teams picking up from where they stopped.
Though Arsenal who were on top on the league before the world cup tournament started, are still leading with a five-point gap, they would be in third position assuming only the points gained since the end of the world cup tournament is to be considered.
Below is the current premier league table based on match results since the end of the world cup tournament.
1. Manchester United: Erik Ten Hag's men who have been in top form since the world cup tournament came to an end, are occupying first position with 23 points. Despite conceding goals in the 10 matches they've played since then, they have a goal difference of +13.
2. Manchester City: the second position is occupied by Manchester City. According to reports gathered, they've gotten 23 points from the eleven matches they've played since the end of the world cup tournament.
3. Arsenal: the third club on the list is Arsenal. The Gunners who are currently leading the premier league table, are the third best team in the premier league since the world cup. With 23 points gotten from 11 matches, Arsenal have a goal difference of +11.
4. Fulham: the fourth best team in the premier league since the world cup is Fulham. Based on the results they've gotten since the tournament ended, they are occupying fourth position with 20 points.
5. Liverpool: Liverpool who has been outstanding in recent weeks, occupies fifth position with 17 points. Kindly take a look at the image below for more details.
Content created and supplied by: UniqueUpdatez (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More