It'll cost you £3.11 in total, but will serve enough for two
While that is welcome news, others, like Subway, are yet to re-open.
So we've had to resort to alternative methods in order to get our 'Footlong Fix' and that's how we came across this super-easy Meatball Marinana sub recipe.
Here's what you're going to need, which is all available from Aldi :
- Specially Selected Part Baked Ciabatta (89p, 300g)
- British Beef Meatballs (£1.55, 340g)
- Tomato, Onion & Garlic Pasta Sauce (49p, 500g)
- Cheese Singles (69p, 8 slices)
It'll cost you £3.11 in total, but will serve enough for two.
It's worth remembering to stock up on any of those extras, such as salad or Jalapeños, that you would normally order on your sub too.
Here's how to make it:
- First up, pre-heat the oven and follow the instructions for cooking the part baked bread.
- While the bread is baking, fire up the hob and fry the meatballs until they are browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, stirring frequently until warmed through.
- Then once your bread is ready, slice it open and assemble your sandwich.
- Top with the cheese singles and any additional ingredients you want, and you're ready to tuck in.
Not bad for a make-at-home alternative, eh?
Alternatively, here's the restaurants you can order delivery from if you want someone else to do the cooking for you.
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )