Sign in
Download Opera News App



Ogun Student Drinks Deadly Chemical After Losing School Fees To Online Betting Site

According to the Punch,a man simply identified as Samuel Adegoke, a student at the Federal Polytechnic in Ilaro, Ogun state, is said to taken his own life by ingesting a deadly substance after suffering the loss of his school fees along with some that belonged to his friend to an online football betting site.

Following the information obtained by news reporters,the deceased student resorted to such a foolish act after he used the money meant for his school fees to participate in an online betting on Friday,19th May 2023 but unfortunately for him,things didn't go as planned for him.

Credible findings from sources noted that,Samuel Adegoke, who was an undergraduate working on his National Diploma II (ND2) in Electrical Electronic Engineering, took his own life on Monday,22nd May 2023 without a second thought while his course mates were getting ready for the first examination of the semester.

The sources went on to say that, he tricked his roommate by stealing his password and using the friend's money to gamble,another plan which didn't go well for him,making his case more complicated.

It was earlier clarified that the tertiary institution had issued a stern warning to all students that they would not be permitted to partake in any examination unless they do the needful,which is finishing their registration before the deadline.

At this point, Adegoke knew that he was in deep trouble which left him no choice but to kill himself in order to save himself from the disgrace and pain of losing the bet in which he placed a huge amount of money.Thus he was transporting to the medical facility within the school premises,after which he was redirected to a specialist hospital in Ilaro,which is situated outside the school environment before he was declared dead.

In the meantime,when contacted about the occurrence, the Deputy Registrar for Public Relations at the school, Sola Abiala, affirmed that the school immediately transported him to a specialist hospital with the intent of making sure he survives,but upon arrival he was pronounced dead by medical professionals on duty.

The Polytechnic PRO, who was reached by newsmen via telephone conversation, responded saying, “he died on Monday morning while the exam was about to start".Also,he revealed that it was at the specialist hospital they got to find out that he consumed a deadly chemical substance after an autopsy was carried out on his corpse.

Content created and supplied by: VitaminSea (via Opera News )

ND2 National Diploma II Ogun


Load app to read more comments