Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Today's Headlines: Again, Gunmen Invade Kuje Community; Army Pursue ISWAP Fighters To Niger Republic

Again, Gunmen Invade Kuje Community, Abduct 5

Suspected gunmen invaded the Chukuku community in the Kuje area council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Sunday night, September 26, 2021, kidnapping five people, including two siblings.

Photo Credit: Leadership News

According to an eyewitness who preferred to be identified as Joshua, the gunmen entered the community at midnight on Sunday and shot sporadically to scare anyone nearby while operating until the early hours of Monday morning.

According to him, two male siblings were among the five people kidnapped, while others were taken from various homes.

Troops pursue ISWAP fighters to Niger Republic, soldiers, terrorists killed

THE Nigerian Army said it troops of Sector 2 Joint Task Force North East, Operation Hadin Kai, have neutralised two Islamic State West Africa Province/Boko Haram insurgents during a counter-attack on Sunday.

Photo Credit: Punch Newspapers

According to the Army, the terrorists attempted to enter Babangida community in Tarmuwa Local Government Area of Yobe State to loot in order to restock, but were repelled by troops.

According to a statement issued on Monday by Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, Director of Army Public Relations, the counter-attack by troops forced the terrorists to withdraw, and that two of the insurgents were killed and several others were injured.

Photo Credit: Google

PSC bans over 2,000 Nigerians from traveling abroad for evading COVID-19 tests

The Presidential Steering Committee(PSC) on COVID-19 has banned over 2,000 Nigerians and foreigners from traveling abroad and into the country for one year, for evading the Coronavirus Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test at the country’s international airports.

Photo Credit: Vanguard Newspapers

Mukhtar Muhammad, the Presidential Steering Committee's (PSC) National Incident Manager (NIM), disclosed this during a briefing on Monday in Abuja.

Muhammad stated that the names of over 2,000 citizens and foreigners had been pasted at all major federal medical facilities where medical experts had been assigned to provide care to Nigerians and foreigners who had entered the country during the third wave of COVID-19.

He said government had insisted that passengers, who arrived into the country, especially from high risk countries, must be quarantined in a government provided facility, and that the passports of those who failed to comply with the protocol had been suspended for one year.

Mob lynches suspected thief in Lagos

A suspected thief has been lynched by a mob in the Coker area of Lagos State.

Photo Credit: Punch Newspapers

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspect attempted to dispossess some commuters heading for their workplaces of their valuables in the early hours on Monday when he was discovered.

The suspect reportedly took to his heels but was caught by the angry mob.

A witness, who identified himself as Ibukun, said the crowd beat up the suspect till he lost consciousness.

He stated that the mob later set him ablaze, adding that the incident happened around 6am.

Content created and supplied by: Kelvin50 (via Opera News )

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments