Lemon is packed with many health saving beneficial nutrients from anti inflammation, antioxidants contents. It has been known to improve digestion and help loose weight. The most preferred way of consuming lemon is to take it with water on a empty stomach.
Taking lemon water has the following benefits:
1. Rejuvenates the skin: the antioxidants in lemon water fight damages caused by free radicals and keeps the skin fresh, it also help the body produce collagen that gives the skin its smooth texture. The vitamin C in lemon water also helps fight off toxins that cause breakouts and impurities that clog the pores. Lemon water brightens the skin and corrects dark spots on the skin.
2. Aids in digestion and detoxification: lemon water helps the internal organs like kidney and liver effectively do their flushing jobs. Lemon water is a strong detox agent, taking lemon water first thing in the morning flushes out toxins in the body system and purifies the blood. It helps the liver produce bile due to its atomic content which aids food transportation throughout the body and the gastrointestinal tract smoothly. It also help relieve indigestion or ease an upset stomach. Lemon water can be used to eliminate waste from the body through urine.
3. Increases vitamin C level in the body: studies has shown that one juice of lemon has about 31 Milligrams of vitamin C. The body needs enough vitamin C which can be gotten from foods and drinks like lemon water. Vitamin C stimulants the blood cell production that is vital for the immune system and protects cells from oxidative damages.
4. Lemon water helps loose weight: regularly sipping on lemon water can help lose weight fast due to its rich content of pectin fiber which gives the illusion of fullness thereby reducing overeating. It boost the body metabolism and as a result help you loose weight faster. Its best to drink it in the morning on an empty stomach . The Poly phenol antioxidants in lemon significantly reduces weight gain.
5. Boost mood and energy: lemon contains negative charged ions that increases energy levels and metabolism .Taking lemon water before meal can boost energy and increase energy levels in the body. It also help reduce anxiety and depression . It could be taken 15 to 20 minutes meal .
Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of lukewarm water on a empty stomach in the morning or thirty minutes before bedtime at night. If the lemon is a big one you can use a slice twice so as to reduce the acidic content in the juice depending on your body weight.
Photo credit: Pinterest
Content created and supplied by: Wuraola23 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More