Barely 24 hours after Anthony Taylor was in charge of the controversial Uefa Nations League final which France won after Kylian Mbappe scored what was visibly an offside goal, the English Premier League referee as been appointed as the center referee to take charge of Chelsea's next fixture in the league.
This is the very same referee that Chelsea fans wrote a petition to The Football Association of the UK to have him banned from taking charge of their matches after series of consistent unbelievably absurd decisions against their club.
Well, it appears that the Premier League has not, yielded to the petition of the Chelsea fans.It was bad enough for the fans that they would be playing against a very stubborn Brentford team straight after the international break and with the possibility of missing very important players. Now they get to endure another 90 minutes of Anthony Taylor.
Here are some of the reasons why they are right to be worried about Taylor.
Although it may seem like an excuse to blame a referee when things don't work out for you after a football match, I feel there is a legitimate reason for Chelsea fans to be critical of Anthony Taylor.
Without looking at the absurd decisions against them, here are some factual statistics that show why the fans have reason to be worried when it comes to Anthony Taylor refereeing against the top 6 clubs in the English Premier League.
1. Chelsea have the lowest win rate of any club under Taylor, winning just 18 out of the 38 games he has refereed for them.
2. Chelsea have lost the second most games on his watch, with only Tottenham managing more than them.
3. Anthony Taylor has only ever awarded Chelsea 5 penalties throughout his career. When you consider the fact Liverpool seem to get 1 penalty in every 4 matches with Anthony Taylor in charge, you will understand these Chelsea fans.
4. Chelsea have received 17 more bookings than any other top club when refereed by Taylor, with a whopping 87 to their name.
5. Every Anthony Taylor match always end with controversially and Chelsea have already paid the price this season after the League fined the club for failing to control their players when he officiated their game against Liverpool.
With these five reasons, it is very easy to see why most Chelsea fans are worried ahead of their visit to Brentford on Saturday.
What do you think? Please leave a comment
Content created and supplied by: JonGinho (via Opera News )