Teas are good for the health with studies showing that, most teas helps to prevent diseases, fight diseases and prolong life. Most teas are natural and plant based which means that, no artificial additives have been added to them.
Teas are highly nutritious and the antioxidants and polyphenols they contain makes them very beneficial to the health. Teas are particularly good for people who are up to, 50 years and above because, older people who drank teas have a better cognitive function and better health than those who did not.
Drinking tea helps to keep older people to be refreshed and revitalised.
Here Are Five Teas People Who Are 50 Years Should Drink For A Healthier Mind And Body
1. Hibiscus Tea: hibiscus tea is made from hibiscus plant and it is popularly refered to as, zobo in Nigeria. Drinking zobo regularly is an effective way of keeping your blood pressure in check because, zobo helps to regulate blood pressure which makes it very good for older people who are hypertensive.
Zobo also protects older people from obesity and some liver problems.
Image: Real Simple
2. Green Tea: green tea is made from green herbs and plants. Green tea are a rich source of polyphenols which helps to to prevent serious disease like; diabetes, heart diseases, and some types of cancer like, prostrate cancer.
Drinking at least three cups of green tea daily helps to prevent inflammation and stroke. Older people who are not allergic to caffeine should ways drink caffeinated green tea.
Image: Eat This Not That
3. Ginger Tea: ginger is very beneficial to the health. Ginger tea helps to relieve digestive stress, it also treats nausea and vomiting. Ginger tea has properties that prevents and helps to treat diabetes and cancer.
You can buy ginger tea from the market or, you can make it by yourself by boiling ginger and drinking the water.
Image: Health Benefits Times
4. Black Tea: black tea has several health benefits which makes it the perfect tea for people who are 50 years and above. Black tea contains flavonoids which helps to prevent cancer, diabetes, heart diseases and lower blood pressure.
Black tea also helps to preserve the memory of older people by preventing cognitive decline and dementia.
5. Peppermint Tea: this tea is particularly good for older people who have digestive problems like bloating, because, it contains menthol which helps to Improve digestive health, and esophageal disorders.
It also good for older people who suffer from, chest pain. Peppermint tea is best taken at night because, it does not contain caffeine and it makes sleeping easier.
Image: NDTV Food
Like, Share, And Comment.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More