In any relationships, compatibility must be the driving fuel. If there lack of compatibility, the relationship is bound to be stagnant and unproductive. How do you tell if you're in a compatible relationship or not?
These few signs can help you:
1. Your partner gets negative and dramatic over things you don’t see as a problem. Or, you get negative and dramatic over things your partner doesn’t see as a problem. (Incompatible values and expectations of life).
2. One of you (or both) finds the other’s sense of humor to be boring or actively offensive. (Incompatibility of personality).
3. You two are just not on the same page, regarding the importance of sexuality in the relationship. If you see it as an afterthought at best, and he sees it as the central pillar of a romantic relationship (or vice versa) there’s going to be serious problems. (S*xual incompatibility).
4. You two have different ideas of how money should be handled. One of you is a thrifty saver, and the other is a devil-may-care spender. (Financial incompatibility.)
5. One of you is a hyper-ambitious kind of person, the other is more a relax and enjoy life kind of person, and neither of you can see being with someone long-term who is different in that regard. (Generally, the ambitious one starts to see the non-ambitious one as a loser, while the non-ambitious one starts to see the ambitious one as an insecure, egotistical idiot.) (Values-based career incompatibility.)
6. Your career plans are mutually impossible. (For example, it’s his dream to work in Silicon Valley, and it’s your dream to run a ranch in Oklahoma… and neither of you want a long-distance relationship.) (Location-based career incompatibility.)
7. You two have different religious views, both are bothered by that, and neither of you are willing to change faiths. (Spiritual incompatibility.)
8. One of you is a stoic, emotionally unexpressive person, and the other is a clingy and needy person. (Emotional incompatibility.)
9. One highly values family and is dependent on their approval, and the other is very independent-minded and couldn’t care less what even their own family thinks, let alone their partner’s family. (Familial incompatibility.)
10. One of you wants eventual marriage, one of you doesn’t. (Commitment incompatibility.)
11. One of you wants children, one of you doesn’t. (Breeding incompatibility.)
12. Both of you want children but have VERY different attitudes on how children should be raised, and regard the other’s attitudes or preferred practices as unacceptable. (Values-based incompatibility.)
Thanks for reading!!
Content created and supplied by: FranklySpeakingwithJeremiah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More