Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have signed a two-fight deal that is expected to take place in 2021. Though the venue has not yet been decided, but the two heavyweight fighters are very satisfied with the prescribed model of the much anticipated fight, according to Eddie Hearn, the boxing promoter.
In order for the fight to happen unhindered, Tyson Fury have to defeat Deontey Wilder in their trilogy fight rematch built to take place later in the year. He will also need to defeat Dillian Whyte who will be due as the WBC mandatory challenger in February 2021. On the other hand, Anthony Joshua has to defeat Kubrat Pulev in his next fight during the year to set up what Eddie Hearn called the biggest boxing match in British history.
Both fighters came up so close to their undisputed unification fight after Anthony Joshua defeated the Mexican American, Andy Ruiz last December in their rematch on round 7 by TKO. Whereas, Tyson Fury defeated the former WBC heavyweight champion, Deontey Wilder on February 2020, in their rematch in round 7 by TKO after their first fight was a draw through a controversial unanimous decision.
On the build up of the much anticipated fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, many of the past and current heavyweight boxers have chosen their preferred winner between the two. While some of them like Iron Mike Tyson banks on Tyson Fury to win Anthony Joshua, others like Wladimir Klitschko believed Anthony Joshua has all it takes to beat Tyson Fury. While the debate on who will emerge winner between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is still on, Eddie Hearn believed that the fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is going to be the biggest heavyweight boxing bout in the history. He claimed that there will be no such biggest boxing match again in his own era. Meanwhile, below are their differences and their similarities as they are preparing to meet in 2021.
Differences Between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury.
1. Anthony Joshua is 1.98 meters tall or 6 ft 6. Whereas, Tyson Fury is 2.06 meters tall or 9 ft 9.
2. With his height, Tyson Fury had a reach of 85in or 216cm. Whereas, Anthony Joshua has a reach of 82in or 216cm.
3. Tyson Fury is the only heavyweight boxer in history that have held WBA, IBF, WBC, WBO, The Ring Magazine and the Lineal titles. Whereas Anthony Joshua is the only British heavyweight boxer that have held both IBF and the Common Wealth Gold Medal titles at the same time.
4. Both Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have fought with Wladimir Klitschko. While Tyson Fury defeated Klitschko in Germany by a unanimous decision to win IBF, WBO, WBA and IBO titles. Anthony Joshua defeated Klitschko by technical knockout in round 11 to win the vacant IBO, WBA and WBO titles in London along with his IBF title.
5. Anthony Joshua has fought 24 fights, out of which he lost 1, won 21 by TKO and 2 by unanimous decision. Whereas Tyson Fury has fought 31 fights, by which he won 30, drew 1, 21 by TKO, 9 by unanimous decision
6. Anthony Joshua is a British heavyweight boxer born in Watford by a Nigerian parent. Whereas Tyson Fury is a British heavyweight boxer born in Manchester by an Irish parent.
7. Tyson Fury became a professional boxer at the age of 20 years old in 2008. Whereas Anthony Joshua became a professional boxer at the age of 23 years old in 2013.
8. As at April 2020, Tyson Fury has been ranked as world best heavyweight boxer by ESPN, TBRB, and BoxRec. Also 2nd best active boxer Pound-for-Pound by ESPN and BoxRec, 6th by TBRB and 7th by ESPN. Whereas Anthony Joshua by that same time was ranked 2nd best by The Ring, TBRB and BoxRec, also the 8th best active heavyweight boxer pound-for-pound by BoxRec.
8. Tyson Fury is 31 years old, born August 12, 1988. Whereas, Anthony Joshua is 30 years old, born October 15, 1989
9. Anthony Joshua is a two times unified Heavyweight Champion having came back from a socking lost to defeat Andy Ruiz last December in their rematch in round 7. Whereas Tyson Fury is a two times Heavyweight Champion having came back from suspension to defeat Deontey Wilder on February 2020 in round 7 to win WBC, Lineal, and Ring Magazine titles.
10. Anthony Joshua has fought and defeated with 5 world title holders. Whereas Tyson Fury has fought and defeated 2 world title holders.
11. Tyson Fury is married with 5 children. Whereas Anthony Joshua has not been married officially yet. Though he has a son.
Similarities between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury.
1. Both of them are the British World Heavyweight boxers.
2. Both of them are in their early 30s
3. Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are both more than 6ft tall.
4. The two of them have their reach above 80in.
5. Both of them are unified Heavyweight Champions.
6. Both of them have fought with and defeated Wladimir Klitschko.
7. Both of them have won Olympic Gold medal at Common Wealth.
8. Both of them are Orthodox
9. Both of them won their last matches in round 7
Did you enjoy the tabulation of their differences and their similarities? Could you think of more to add to this?
Drop your contribution at the comment section.
Content created and supplied by: Penason (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More