Foods are our fuel and vital for good health, but we must be careful to choose which parts to consume and which to throw away. Some foods are delicious when cooked but poisonous when consumed uncooked.
In this article, we'll look at a few foods that, if eaten improperly, could be bad for our health.
The following foods may be unhealthy for your health if consumed improperly, according to WebMD:
Apples themselves are not poisonous, but their seeds are. Apple seeds contain cyanide, which in tiny concentrations can cause rapid breathing, seizures, and even death.
2. Cherry Pits
The pits or hard stones in the middle of cherries contain the poisonous Prussia acid, often known as cyanide. Just be careful not to chew it; if you accidentally swallow the stone, it will remain whole and travel through your system.
When used sparingly, nutmegs are fantastic spices that provide a delicious, nutty flavor. However, thanks to the existence of hazardous oil, even two little spoonfuls could trigger hallucinations, tiredness, dizziness, disorientation, and seizures when ingested by spoonful. myristicin
The toxicity of poison ivy's urushiol is present in raw cashew seeds, hence they must be thoroughly cooked before consumption.
Like raw cashews, mango skin, bark, and leaves contain urushiol, the poison ivy toxin. Mangos can cause dangerous reactions including redness, swelling, and even breathing issues, so anyone with a poison ivy allergy should avoid them, especially if it's a severe one.
Many people like the tasty and nutritious dish of mushrooms. On the other hand, the destroying angel and death cap (Amanita phalloides) are extremely hazardous (Amanita virosa).
Eating these wild mushrooms can cause stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration, intense thirst, liver failure, coma, and even death.
Content created and supplied by: Learnerslife (via Opera News )