Changing clubs as a footballer is often a risky adventure. Some footballers have left their clubs at their peak only for them to drop form when they arrive at a new club. A recent case is Eden Hazard who was considered one of the best players in the world at Chelsea dropped form at Real Madrid due to constant injuries.
However, such is not usually case, there are cases where players pick up form after leaving a club. They became better and even achieved greatness. Here are some of the players.
1) Kevin De Bruyne : This is perhaps the most exciting player on the list. The Midfielder has been one of the best players in the past 4 seasons. De Bruyne arrived at Chelsea in 2012. Despite scoring 10 goals on loan at Werder Bremen, he only made 3 appearances for the Blues the next season. He then moved to Wolfsburg where he won 2 trophies. De Bruyne came back to England in 2015 and since then, he has been one of the best, winning both Individual Awards and Team trophies.
2) Memphis Depay : Arrived at Man United after winning the top scorer and league trophy with PSV, Depay could only score 7 goals in his 2 years at United before moving to Lyon. The move proved very helpful to the Dutchman who revived his career. 4 and half season later, Depay scored over 70 goals and made numerous assists at Lyon before moving to Barca this summer.
3) Romelu Lukaku : Chelsea has always been a victim of letting the wrong player leave. However, no one could blame the club at that time. Lukaku succeeded in all the teams he played for after leaving Chelsea the first time. He is back in Chelsea and has 4 goals already.
4) Roberto Carlos : The Legendary left back was known for his successes and Performances in Real Madrid. However, the player suffered while he was playing for Inter Milan. He was played out of position and had a fall out with the manager. Joining Madrid was one of his best decisions as a player. 11 seasons after, Roberto Carlos is now one of the greatest left backs that has ever played the game.
5) Muhammed Salah : Another Chelsea reject who revived his career at Florentine. Salah currently plays for Liverpool and has over 150 goals for the club. Salah is easily one of the best 5 players in England at the moment.
6) Iago Aspas: The Celta Vigo legend joined Liverpool at some point in his career but it did not work out for him. He had to return to Spain to revive his career. Aspas already has more than 100 goals in his second spell at Celta.
Content created and supplied by: Akinsports (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More