Females need functioning ovaries, fallopian tube and a uterus in order to conceive. Conditions affecting any of these organs can result to infertility in females.
The menstrual cycle of a woman averagely lasts for twenty-eight days. The first day is the day of “full flow”. Usual predictable periods that happens every twenty four to thirty two days shows that a woman is likely ovulating while a woman with irregular or unusual periods is likely not ovulating.
Infertility in female can be caused by different factors that affect or obstruct the following:
● Ovulation- releasing of the matured egg from the ovary.
● Fertilization- this happens when sperm cells joins the egg in the fallopian tube after it has moved through the cervix and uterus.
● Implantation- this happens when the fertilized egg connects to the outside of the uterus where it then grows develops into a baby.
There are also medical conditions, some risk factors and some medications that can also cause female infertility.
The risk factors include:
● Cigarette smoking.
● Obesity or being underweight
● Having a certain sexually transmitted infection that can cause the reproductive system to the destroyed.
● Heavy usage of alcohol
● Age increase
● Excessive emotional or physical stress that results into absent periods
Some of the medical conditions that could lead to infertility in female include:
● Scarring from past operations
● Uterine fibroid
● Pelvic inflammatory disease
● Ovulation disorders- which can be caused by hormonal imbalances
The drugs and medications that could lead to infertility in female include:
● Long-term usage of high doses of aspirin, ibuprofen
● Radiation therapy or chemotherapy
● Antipsychotic medications
● Cocaine, Marijuana
Content created and supplied by: DrEnimofe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More