Engaging in sèxual activity with a partner who is not your spouse is a potentially harmful practice that may have repercussions for one's bodily as well as mental health. The following are six potential dangers that should be considered:
1. Pregnancy that was not wanted: According to healthline, It is possible to become pregnant if you do not make use of a method of birth control that is effective. This can lead to a range of possible issues, some of which include strain on one's finances, emotions, and relationships.
2. Sexually transmitted infections (STIs): Engaging in unprotected sèxual activity puts a person at risk of contracting sèxually transmitted diseases (STIs), which include HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis, among others. These infections can have major repercussions on a person's health, including the inability to have children and even death in some situations.
3. Emotional distress: Participating in sèxual activity with someone who is not your spouse can also lead to emotional suffering. This is especially true if you have strong feelings for the other person but the relationship does not develop in the way that you had hoped it would.
4. Harm to one's reputation Having sèxual relations with a partner to whom one is not married might, depending on the circumstances, do harm to one's reputation and put one's personal as well as professional connections in jeopardy.
5. Legal repercussions In certain jurisdictions, engaging in sèxual behavior outside of the context of a married relationship is a criminal offense. This may result in repercussions from the law, such as fines or even possible incarceration.
6. Traitorous behavior toward one's core convictions or beliefs:
Betraying the values or beliefs you hold about sèx and relationships by engaging in sèxual activity outside of marriage may leave you feeling guilty or conflicted. If you hold certain values or beliefs about sèx and relationships, engaging in sèxual activity outside of marriage may betray those values.
It is essential to give serious thought to the potential consequences of having sèxual relations with a partner to whom one is not married before making judgments on one's sèxual activity. It is vital to be aware that there are still potential consequences to take into consideration, even though using effective contraception and engaging in sèxual activity in a safe manner can help lessen some of the risks.
Content created and supplied by: OtobongE (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More