Baby's health can be determined by the colour of their faeces.
It is important for mothers to monitor their baby's faeces so as the normal colour and the colour that needs medical attention.
Here are the colours of baby faeces:
1. Yellow faeces: Yellow faeces is very normal in breast-fed babies. It looks like mustard yellow. Some may call it yellow egusi. For older children, an occassional shade of yellow is fine.
2. Green faeces: Green faeces usually means that the faeces moved through your baby's intestines faster than normal. This is normal especially in breast-fed babies as long as your baby is gaining weight and developing.
You may also see green faeces after your baby has eaten a lot of healthy high fiber foods, green vegetables and iron rich baby formula milk.
3. Black or dark faeces: A new born baby's first faeces is usually black. The baby passes the faeces few days after birth. It is called meconium in medical terms.
An occassional dark faeces that does not have blood is simply because of your baby's diet or vitamins.
If your baby is having more black faeces in a row, take the baby to the hospital for a pediatrician to run some tests.
4. Red faeces: Red faeces can sometimes indicate blood, sometimes a baby or toddler can have blood due to a small tear inside their anus often due to hard faeces.
Red faeces can also result from antibiotics, food or drink your child is taking.
If the red faeces is becoming too frequent, see a pediatrician to check the baby.
5. White faeces: White or chalky feaces is often due to something unusual your child ate. If the problem persists, call your pediatrician. It may be a sign of liver problem or other serious medical condition.
As mothers careful observation of your baby's faeces from time to time will save you from bigger problems.
Content created and supplied by: MatronJcares (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More