Infertility in men could be can by irregular function of the sperm, low production of sperm, obstructions that prevent sperm delivery, chronic illnesses, lifestyle etc.
Infertility in men is associated to the following issues:
● Sperm movement- this involves both the twitchy motion of the sperm and the movement of the sperm through male reproductive system tubes.
● The shape of the sperm.
● Sperm count.
● Sperm production efficiency.
There are also medical conditions, some risk factors and some medications that can also cause infertility.
The risk factors include:
● Heavy usage of alcohol,
● Advanced age
● Exposure to toxic substances
● Cigarettes smoking.
● Overheating of the testicles
● Infections that are past or present.
Some of the medical conditions that could lead to infertility in male include:
● Low testosterone production.
● Having antibodies that attack and destroy sperms.
● Retrograde ejaculation- this happens when the muscle close to the neck of the bladder fails to contract, thereby causing ejaculation to end up in the bladder.
● Veins swelling around the testicles.
● Testicles that have not gone down into the scrotum.
● Hormonal disorders- The pituitary glands and hypothalamus not functioning properly. These glands in the brain produces hormones that maintain functions of the testicules.
● Genetic disorders
● Medical conditions like cystic fibrosis, diabetes.
The drugs and medications that could lead to infertility in male include:
● Cocaine, Marijuana
● Anabolic steroids which are used to improve performance of athletes or delayed puberty.
● Tricyclic antidepressants
● Calcium channel blockers, used for high blood pressure.
● Radiation therapy or chemotherapy
● Sulfasalazine, used for rheumatoid arthritis
Usage of any of the above listed drugs could lead to male infertility.
Content created and supplied by: DrEnimofe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More