There is nothing wrong with borrowing provided you can pay it back.
Debt however can be a challenge and a burden if it remains unpaid and your creditors are threatening and chasing you around. One of the effects of indebtedness is the loss of one's freedom and enslavement to the creditors.
According to Proverbs 22:7:
"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is the servant to the lender"
Today, one of the traps many are struggling to be free from is the snare of indebtedness.
These debts come in various forms.
(1) Many are owing large sums of money to banks and private individuals. The principal and interest on the loan have remained largely unpaid making them feel trapped not knowing how and what to do to come out.
(2) Others who bought goods on credit hoping to sell, make a profit, and pay off the cost of such goods have not been able to do so as they have either not sold the goods or having sold them have spent the money on some unplanned emergencies or contingencies.
(3) While some have outstanding debt on children's school fees, house rents others bought food on credit to feed their family that has not been paid off. Others however took loans they spent on burial, naming, or house warming ceremonies and have not been able to pay it back.
(4) Some stood surety and guaranteed loans for others and the people they stood in for had absconded leaving them to pay what they never enjoyed.
(5) Some are owing large sums of judgment debts. Some aggrieved persons had taken them to court, got a judgment against them for infringement of their rights and a writ of execution has even be taken against them that their assets be confiscated and sold to offset the debt.
(6) Some even got loans they invested in businesses that either failed or went awry and are in deep waters struggling to pay their debts.
If you find yourself in any of the categories mentioned above, please pray these prayer points to extricate yourself from the trap you have gotten yourself into.
(1) Pray that God will have mercy on you and bring to an end every form of slavery that you have brought upon yourself due to your indebtedness to your creditors.
(3) Pray that God would give you divine wisdom to help you with ideas and simple ways to pay off your debts(Proverbs 3:13-14).
(4) Pray that as God led the wife of a minister of God in the Bible with divine direction and instructions on what to do and she was able to pay off her debt that God also will lead you into places where you will get ideas on what to do to pay off your debt(2 Kings 4:1-7).
(5) Pray that God will cause you to find favor in the eyes of your creditors and make them have mercy on you and write off all your debts. (Matthew 18:24-27).
(6) Pray that the spirit that has pushed you into debt would depart out of your life, home, and family. (Matthew 18:18).
(7) Pray that the Lord will open unto you his resources so that you will be able to have enough to pay off your indebtedness and to have leftovers afterward. ( Deuteronomy 28:12)
Deuteronomy 28:12 say thus:
"The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow"
Please pray these prayer points and claim the promise of Deuteronomy 28:12 in the name of Jesus Christ. If you are not born again please endeavor to do that by simply turning away from your sins and making Jesus the Saviour and Lord of your life.
Thanks for reading this article.
Content created and supplied by: ThomasUsigbe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More