These tips I will be sharing works for me all the time. They can also work for you in your bid to get back money you borrowed someone. It is always harder to get back borrowed money if the person in question is your friend or family member, but with these tips, you have nothing to worry about.
1. Polite reminder: sometimes the person we borrowed money genuinely forgot that he or she is owning us, a polite reminder can get you back your money.
2. Ask them for update on what they used the money for: this is another trick that works very well. For eg, someone borrowed you money to buy asoebi for a wedding, ask him or her for update. "So how was the wedding?" "You didn't even send me pictures of the cloth and how you slayed" "it was me that made you fine o" Use that opportunity to ask for your money.
3. Make them pay for stuff when you are together: Assuming you are riding cab together, or having lunch together, or going shopping together, etc. Make them pay for your stuff and tell them that you are subtracting it from what they are owing you.
4. Give them a flexible deadline: Before you borrow money, be sure to give them a payment deadline that is flexible. Don't expect them to pay back in 2 days, complete your kindness and extend deadline to a flexible date, e.g month end.
5. Allow room for instalmental payment: Some people will say they want their money back in bulk, truth is you are not ready to get your money back. Instalmental payment is the best way to get your entire money back.
I hope this tips will help you. Let me know what you think about them in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: Sunflowerj (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More