Here are 30 surprising natural facts you never knew.
Do you like facts, do you think you know a lot of facts? Check out these 12 facts and see if you knew them before.
1. A tortoise can live on it's reserves, without food or water for up to a year.
2. Humming birds have the fastest metabolisms of any animal on Earth, and could die of hunger in just two hours.
3. An average human man contains up to 40 liters of water.
4. The lung contains more water than any other organ, up to 80% of it is water.
6. Honey 🍯 and wine 🍷, two things that never go bad. Not in a year, not in ten, nor hundred.
7. Electricity is used in the body and is produced by the heart ❤️.
8. Albert Einstein's brain was discovered to have less wrinkles than the average human brain, and had more internal space for neurons.
9. There are hundreds of billions of "friendly" bacteria in the human intestines that aid digestion, and they weigh up to 2kg, though there are also unfriendly bacteria.
10. You can't see the stars from the moon 🌕. This is because the sunlight reflected from the moon washes them from your view.
11. A crocodile's 🐊 scales are made up of the same material as your finger nails.
12. Research and observations have shown that not just primates, but crows, octopi, otters, bears, dolphins and elephants are also smart enough to use tools.
One of them is not a mammal, and has nine brains! Which is it? Answer in the comment section. 💬👇
Content created and supplied by: ChrisWhiteking (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More