Tiger is the largest among all the cat family and it is most recognisable for its dark vertical stripes on orange-brown fur with a lighter underside. These are 11 Incredible Things About Tiger That Should Have Made Tiger King Of The Jungle.
11. Tiger has striped skin along with striped fur. These stripes are a result of skin pigmentation. Just like human fingerprints, no two tigers have the same pattern of stripes
10. A tiger's tongus is covered with sharp ,small, thorn-like,hooked projections. The hook- projections called papillae,curve towards the tiger's throat.
9. Tigers have white spots on the back of their ears ,that look like eyes when viewed from a distance.
8. A tiger's roar can momentarily paralyze or immobilize its prey. Such is the effect of the roar.
7. Even though tigers and lions look to be the same size, tigers weigh up to 300 pounds more than lions due to their muscle density. If they are pitted against lions, tigers usually have an upper hand ,as they can stand up on their hind quarters, leaping for the throat straight away.
6. Tigers are one of the most vengeful animals on the planet.
5. There exists an extremely rare type of tiger called the golden tiger. Also known as golden tabby tiger or strawberry tiger. This colour variation is caused by a recessive gene.
4. Tigers are solitary creature. They live alone and only interact during mating season and after mating,the male tiger wanders away. The female gives birth and raises the cubs alone.
3. Tiger are highly territorial. They mark their area with urine and feces. This is to show other tigers coming that the particular area that it is occupied.
2. There exist Tigons. A cross between a female lion and a male tiger. Tigons have faint tiger's striping underneath the golden colour of a lion.
1. The markings on a Tiger's forehead ,closely resemble the Chinese character for king, giving them a Chinese cultural status as a regal animal. Since ancient time, Chinese culture has associated tigers with the powerful male principles of courage,bravery, dignity and austerity
Content created and supplied by: Tideakin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More