The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar, at a press conference on Saturday has assured Nigerians that the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) Programme is still going on.
In a briefing at Gusau, the state capital of Zamfara State, she asked Nigerians never to collect anything less than the minimum 30,000 Naira, and they should also report to her directly or their state governor through their phone numbers at any time they are given less than 30,000 Naira from the officials involved in the programme.
The Minister further explained that, the CCT programme is an initiative of President Muhammadu Buhari's administration, designed to give grant of a minimum of 30,000 and a maximum of 80,000 to the poor, vulnerable and unemployed in Nigeria.
She went further to explain that the reason why the CCT programme is yet to kick off fully in some states is because, some state government are not yet ready in terms of their commitment. They are supposed to be 30 per cent ready in terms of commitment before the federal government can support with the remaining 70 per cent, she said.
Finally, she appealed to the state government to show more interest and commitment to the programme, inorder to help improve the condition and living standard of their people.
Also, she implore the media to give serious publicity to this issue so that the aim of programme will not be undermined, abused or defeated.
Do you think that the Conditional Cash Transfer programme is still on going or is this another propaganda by the FG?
Please air your views and opinions by using the comment section.
Like, Share & Follow for more. Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: 1st_mayor (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More