Remember that Nigeria got Independence in 1960, see we are going to see all the Nigerian Presidents from 1960 and their tribe.
1. In 1960 we have Alahaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa as the First and only Prime Minister of Nigeria, from 1960 to 1966. He is from Bauchi State in North.
3. In 1966 Major General Thomas Aguiyi Ironsi became the Head of State, from Abia State in South East, Igbo tribe.
4. In 1966 General Yakubu Gowon became Head of State and ruled from 1966 to 1975. He is from Plateau State.
5. In 1975 General Murtala Mohammed became Head of State and ruled only for two years, He is from Kano State.
6. In 1975 General Olusengo Obasanjo became Head of State and ruled till 1999 and handover to second Republic, Civilian President. He is from Ogun State in South West.
7. In 1979 President Shehu Shagari became President of Nigeria in second Republic of Nigeria. He is from Sokoto State.
8. In 1983 General Muhammadu Buhari became head of State and ruled for two years. He is from Kastina State.
9. In 1985 IBB became the Military President of Nigeria and ruled from 1985 to 1993 and handover to interim Government. He is from Minna Niger State.
10. In 1993 Ernest Shonekin was president for 72 days. He is from Ogun State.
11. In 1993 General Sani Abacha became Head of State and ruled for 3 years before his Death. He is from Kano State.
12. In 1998 General Abdulsalami Abubakar became Military President of Nigeria and rule for one year and handover another Civilian rule which is the 4th Republic of Nigeria.He is from Nigeria State.
13. Then Chief Olusengo Obasenjo became President from 1999 to 2007. He is from Ogun State.
14. In 2007, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua became President and for three years. He is from Kastina State
15. In 2010 President Good luck Jonathan became President and rule for 5 years. He is from Bayelsa state
16. In 2015, President Muhammad Buhari suceeded GoodLuck Jonathan and he is the President till date. He is from Kastina
It is over 50 years an Igbo man have not been a President. Even Igbo man have not even live in Aso Rock as Vice President.
Nigeria need to have Igbo President in 2023, so it will help in calming the Security challenges in Eastern Region of Nigeria, especially the burning of Police Stations and Breaking of Prisons and killing of Uniform Men.
Please dear Readers let's discuss this topic in the Comment box and know the truth about needs to be done.
Some Igbo youths are doing those things because they feel cheated by the Government.
Please Like and Share
Don't forget to follow for more Articles on Opera News Hub.
Content created and supplied by: CharlieNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More