Check Out Ten Things You Should Know About Gov. Seyi Makinde
Though many people just think that Seyi Makinde is just the Governor of Oyo State without knowing other things about the Governor.
We hereby highlighted ten things you should know about Gov. Seyi Makinde.
1. He was the richest politician in Nigeria before coming to power; as we all know many politician got their wealth from corrupt practices and they become sudden billionaires, but Makinde is different, he worked hard so hard that he was extremely rich before getting into power, his net worth is #48 billion.
2. He once contested for senatorial district;
In 2007, Makinde contested for the Oyo South Senatorial seat under the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) but lost to the People’s Democratic Party candidate- Kamoru Adedibu. Makinde remained undeterred by his first failed attempt and in 2010; under the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, he aspired for the Oyo South 2011 Senatorial seat but lost the primary to the incumbent Oyo South Senator.
3. He schooled in the University of Lagos ; In 1985, he gained admission to the University of Lagos (Unilag) where he earned his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
4. He established his first business in 1987 ; Makinde established his first business, Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited (METS), after working for five years (1992-1997) with various international oil and gas companies (IOCs), as the Engineering Manager. He is now the Group Managing Director of Makon Group of Companies.
5. He owns different companies; Gov Makinde owns the following companies: Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited, Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited, Makon Oil and Gas Limited, Makon Group Limited, Makon Construction Limited and Makon Power System Limited.
6. Makinde is a member of national and international professional bodies notably: Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Council for Regulations of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Oil and Gas Design Engineers of Nigeria (OGDEN) , International Society of Automation (ISA), Institute of Measurement and Control UK; and American Measurement Institute (AMI).
7. He has won so many awards but locally and internationally;
Nigerian Union of Journalists (Oyo State Council)-Laudable Contribution to Humanity Merit Award.
National Association of Oke-Ogun Students (Ibadan)-Merit Award.
Fiditi Grammar School (Oyo State)-Old Student Merit Award in appreciation to the commitment, dedication and service to the association and humanity.
Junior Chamber International (JCI) University of Calabar Chapter.-Entrepreneurial Excellence Award.
Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (Oyo State Chapter)-Gold Merit Award for immense and invaluable contribution to sports development.
Nigerian Association of Social Workers Merit Awards (Oyo State Chapter)-Philanthropic gestures and contribution to Social Care Delivery Services.
CCII National Merit Award.
Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (Ibadan) - awarded Seyi "Astute Politician of the Year 2018" for his resilience with which he had continued to assist the less privileged in the society.
8.He is married to Tamunominini, and they have three children.
9. He became the Governor of Oyo State after defeating Adebayo Adelabu of the APC in 2019.
10. He was born on 25th December, 1967; Makinde was born to a renowned teacher turned accountant, late Pa Olatubosun Makinde and Madam Abigail Makinde of Aigbofa Compound in Oja’ba, Ibadan. He is the third child of the family
Content created and supplied by: fasthint (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More