You may recall that Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, defected from the PDP to the APC, contested at their Governorship primaries and won the ticket to represent APC, at the Edo Governorship elections in September, while Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, was disqualified on the grounds of inconsistencies in his certificate.
Almost immediately, Governor Godwin Obaseki, moved to the People's Democratic Party (PDP) where he was given the part ticket to represent them as the September 19, Governorship elections.
Owing to the strength of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in Edo State, many have tipped Ize-Iyamu to win the upcoming elections.
However, I beg to differ from that school of thought, with these points of mine:
1. Ize-Iyamu, has a court case of #700milion, allegedly squandered by him and three others. These accusations, were made by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), hence, some of these accusations, are backed up by proof. I doubt that the good people of Edo State, would want to vote in any individual with such accusations levelled against him.
2. The good of Edo State, want an individual, who has a lot of leadership experience, hence, they would rather opt, for a man they are conversant with and as such, they may vote in Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
3. Many Edo citizens, have a first-hand experience of how godfatherism, can cripple the ability of leaders, hence, they may never want to vote into the system, any individual who has any alliance with so-called 'king-makers'.
4. The people of Edo State, may be willing to try out another party's leadership even more, as they understand that Gov. Godwin Obaseki, is no longer under obligation to answer to any 'godfathers'.
5. The present Deputy Governor of Edo State, has formed such a strong bond with individuals at the grassroot and people will always stay loyal to any individual, who does everything possible to communicate with them. Hence Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, may not stand a chance.
These points, are solely my opinion and I'll be glad to hear you of view, on this issue.
Content created and supplied by: Overflow_01 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More