Sign in
Download Opera News App

Politics Policy




Nigeria politics

Don't Collect Less Than N30,000 From Our Officials - Sadiya Tells Nigerians Benefitting From CCT

Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Farouq, has urged Nigerians who are benefitting from the Federal Government’s Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) not to accept any grant lesser than N30,000.

The minister disclosed that the initiative of the President Buhari administration’s was to provide assistance to the poor, vulnerable and unemployed citizens.

Sadiya revealed that the beneficiaries will get a maximum of N80,000 and a minimum of N30,000.

She added that any beneficiaries who received anything lesser than the approved minimum amount has every right to reject it.

She said:

“Should any of our officials involved in the programme give you anything short of the minimum amount of N30,000, do not collect.

Report to me or your state governor through telephone numbers made available to you".

Sadiya further explained why the programme has not yet fully begun in some states.

The minister noted that states ought to be 30% ready in terms of their personal involvement and commitment before then the Nigerian government can actually come in with the remaining 70%.

Content created and supplied by: Skynewsreports (via Opera News )

Buhari CCT Federal Government Nigerians Sadiya


Load app to read more comments