Gov. Ortom (dailypost.ng)
The governor revealed he has been invited to rejoin the APC ahead of the 2023 general elections. This invitation is probably a move by the party to reinforce herself ahead of the elections, so as to retain power.
Having recruited the vocal Chief Fani Kayode, a former PDP member and former minister of Aviation, all eyes are on Gov. Ortom, to see if he will follow in Kayode's footsteps. Nigerians are anxiously watching to see if he will join the APC.
Why is joining the APC going to be a big surprise to all?
1. The governor is a strong critic of the president Buhari led administration and the APC, which he left in the past. Ortom had at various times alleged unfairness towards his region and state by the federal government, and Buhari. So, rejoining the people he has always critcised will be a shocker indeed.
2. The governor has blamed the government for the security challenges his state faces, the herdsmen attacks and the Fulani invasions. He alleged the APC government are handling the herdsmen with kid gloves, an allegation the federal government has always denied.
3. He currently has friends in the PDP, which means leaving them like FFK did will somehow amount to betrayal.
Why he will not join the APC like FFK did.
1. Unlike Fani Kayode, governor Ortom has his people, his state to consider. He is an elected official, unlike Kayode who is a free agent.
2. Being a strong critic of president Muhammadu Buhari, it will amount to going back to his vomit. It will seriously affect his integrity and his people's faith in him will be greatly impacted.
Summarily, Gov. Ortom will not rejoin the APC, he has burnt that bridge a long time ago. However, in politics, anything is possible. If FFK could go to the APC after all these years, perhaps Ortom he could too.
@dear reader, your contributions and opinions are gladly welcome. Do like, share and follow.
Stay safe, ECfranklin cares.
Content created and supplied by: ECFranklin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More