The Kwara State Governor, Mr. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, had taken the state development as his first priority since his first year in office. He grows hope in Kwara people's heart with his initiative developments in the state.
Among all his unexplainable developments, perhaps, these five achievements could make him to maintain his seat in 2023.
1. Just 12 months down the road, the Governor of Kwara state changed the state narrative. From instant payment of relevant counterpart funds, which have brought back development partners, and taking the state off the UBEC blacklist.
2. The NYSC camp, which was no better than a penitentiary, underwent complete rehabilitation and equipped with basic amenities.
3. 15 years after it was held, the administration revived the Kwara State Sports Festival. The first on the continent, the baseball court was rehabilitated after decades of neglect.
4. The government has done so much to engage young people, perhaps more than any government in Nigeria today, with nearly 60 percent of Abdul Razzaq's appointments going to persons below 40, including the commissioners
5. Apart from renovating the juvenile correctional home, the children reception centre, and paying counterpart funds for the World Bank-funded community and social development projects (CSDP), the administration has recently launched its social investment programme (KWASIP) which targets the aged, the unemployed, petty traders, and little children who would be fed in school.
Content created and supplied by: AbdulwaheedSofiullahi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More