As days go by in Nigeria, things become more worrying and unpleasant. People are seriously demanding self-determination. The FG should as a matter of urgency, look into reasons why people are seriously demanding self determination. Other nations are talking about scientific research advancement, technological break through, etc, Nigeria is talking about self determination.
The Tribune has reported that the leaders of though from South and middle belt of Nigeria under the aegis of Nigerian indigenous nationalities alliance for self determination (NANAS), on Tuesday said they will hold a one million man march in front of the UN, United Nations headquarters in New York, the United States from September 14 to 21, 2021 to demand a referendum on self determination and abolition of the 1999 Constitution.
NANAS communication manager Maxwell Adeleye said, "NANAS will not be making any official presentation at UNGA, but will be holding a one million man march opposite the UN headquarters in New York, USA from 14th to 21st September, 2021." The group is being led by Prof. Banji Akintoye, Prof. Yusuf Turaki, the secretary general of the group, Barr. Toni Nnadi, etc.
Take a look at the implications of the one million man March at UN headquarters
picture.credit.simple.wikipedia.org. UN headquarters.
1. It would further expose Nigeria as a troubled Nation to the world, UNheadquarters is a place where all the members of UN gather for important meeting concerning the welfare of the people, and countries affected with issues bordering on security, economic development and global peace. It's going to show case Nigeria as a place where there is no peace.
2. It would bring more question marks on the leadership of Buhari's administration, suggesting that things are not well with the masses, prompting why there is a call for self determination.
3. It would affect the global image of our nation as a place not safe for international investors. People wouldn't want to put their resources in a place of danger where their investment safety is not guaranteed.
4. It may consider Nigeria as a place where rule of law is not working properly, because the international communities may reguard the march as the peoples opinoin, since it would feature many people.
5. It may also suggest that Nigerians are tired of living as one nation. It's going to bring backwardness and untrust from international engagements.
6. It may also make the international community withdraw their aid and support to Nigeria on issues bordering on insecurity, loans, etc.
A lot needs to be done to stop the ongoing campaign against the cooperative existence of Nigeria. It's in the hands of the FG to do the needful, by making sure that the reasons why people are clamoring for self determination should be attended to, since nobody knows it all.
When people are happy with the State of the nation, nobody would want to leave Nigeria for another place or country.
What's your take on this? What are some of the reasons why people are declaring for self determination, and what are the solutions to these things? Don't forget to share, like this work.
Content created and supplied by: Kingswaves (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More