Today, we focus on security. One of the areas the administration of Alhaji Yahaya Bello has performed most beautifully is the area of security.
From being one of the most insecure and dreaded states at the time Governor Bello took over, the state has risen to become one of the safest states in Nigeria today. The administration’s determination and commitment towards securing the state were born out of the conviction that security is the primary and most important function of government. More so, security is the bedrock of growth and development in any society. It is heartwarming to note that the National Bureau of Statistics has named Kogi, Kebbi and, Bauchi as the leading states with fewer crimes. The Governor has also won awards on security from the Nigerian Police, CSOs, media and, other reputable organizations. How did his administration achieve the security feat?
1. The administration purchased more than 200 security vehicles for different kinds of security operations across the state. This is unprecedented in the history of the state.
2. Over 500 motorcycles were provided for security operations to allow security agents access to the hinterlands where most of the heinous crimes are committed. The Vigilante servicemen and women use the motorbikes to access difficult terrains where criminals reigned as terror lords since those locations are inaccessible.
3. On the assumption of office, the Governor met daunting statistics of an average of 25 kidnap cases per month. As of today, it has dropped to an average of 2. In many months, there were no cases of kidnap at all. The 92% crash in cases of kidnap and robbery was achieved through the right policies. The launch of Operation Total Freedom, which has driven fear into the criminals, heavy investment in communication gadgets and training of security operatives, the Security Whistle Blower Policy which exposed the criminals, the Vigilante Service Operation and, the domestication of the Criminal Justice Code were all instrumental to the excellent security of lives and property in the state.
4. To curb Highway Crimes, the administration of Governor Yahaya Bello ensured the clearance of 40 meters from both sides of the highways to ensure criminals have no hiding place. Provision of assorted security equipment for security agents in the state.
5. Construction of Army Forward Operation bases at different places across the state to enhance the security of lives and property
6. Encouraging a robust relationship between the State Government and the various security agencies in the state. This has boosted the morale of the security agents to defend the Kogi territory.
7. Demolition of structures owned by criminals in the state to serve as a deterrent to others
8. Training of Forest Guards to protect our forest resources from pilferers.
9. Recruitment of thousands of Vigilante Corps to complement efforts of the conventional security agents in the state.
10. Provision of Free Toll Lines to encourage citizens in giving information about criminals and crimes to security agencies.
11. In short Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes, the State Government created a dialogue and cooperation platform for a free flow of communication between the Government and the herdsmen on one hand and the Communities and herdsmen on the other hand. This excellent relationship has ensured both farmers and herdsmen are living peacefully together in Kogi State.
12. The State Government has been able to create a synergy between the various security agencies in the state.
13. The government has supported the training of security operatives to equip them with modern knowledge of crime control.
14. The morale of security operatives in the state has been boosted with better working conditions, equipment and, their welfare. They are well motivated to give their best to the people of the state.
Content created and supplied by: Soltakfarms (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More