As of 16th day of July on a cloudy morning, I bring to you the following breaking and trending news headlines from around Nigeria and elsewhere in the world.
1. However, Nigeria, currently producing 1.4 million barrel per day, mb/d in compliance to OPEC output cut would still not be able to adequately fund its 2020 budget.
2. WTO under me ‘ll bring shared prosperity says Okonjo-Iweala.
3. I can’t deny getting my daughter pregnant, Ex-DSS man admits.
4. 774,000 Jobs: Programme remains suspended — Reps
5. Man pours hot water on nursing wife’s breasts in Enugu.
8. Edo 2020: PDP campaign council meets in Rivers, eyes victory.
9. Conflicting court decisions make law teaching difficult – Abuah.
10. Private schoolteachers turn beggars as proprietors face lockdown hardship.
11. National Assembly commission sacks Sani-Omolori, 150 others, ex-clerk kicks.
12. NDDC spent N81.5bn in six months – CBN, OAGF.
13. UK frustrated Air Peace attempt to evacuate Nigerians – Onyema.
14. MTN begins trial of e-SIM in Nigeria.
15. I didn’t sexually harass ex-NDDC managing director says Akpabio.
16. APC crisis surfaces as Senate screens ambassadorial nominees.
17. Review all financial penalties upwards, CBN tells National Assembly.
18. I spoke with Tolulope at 1pm but at 5pm, I was told she was in mortuary – Father of Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot.
19. Eight Lagos cops detained for extorting social media influencer.
20. Warri doctor dies in isolation centre.
21. Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua have finally confirmed the signing of experienced Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins.
22. The six Southwest states – Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti – have agreed to reopen schools next month to enable Senior Secondary School 3 pupils to sit for the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
23. The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has described the actions of the former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari as “irresponsible”.
24. Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri has warned security operatives not to harass or extort money from the public under the guise of enforcing compulsory use of face mask.
25. Local government elections in Ebonyi State will hold on August 15, the state Independent Electoral Commission has said.
26. The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has threatened a reprisal for the attack on its women members in Oba Idemili South Local Government of Anambra State.
27. LCCI urges govt to implement sustainability plan.
28. She died in an auto crash on Tuesday. The young officer was killed by a reversing car inside the Air Force base in Kaduna. The car was driven by her old schoolmate.
29. After nine days in custody, suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu regained freedom Wednesday night.
30. The Second Niger Bridge will boost trade in the Southeast and South states, a former Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) Chairman in charge of Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi states, Chief Aloysius Azubuike Okafor, has said.
31. Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, on Wednesday launched the disbursement of N1billion loan scheme to small and medium scale businesses.
32. Ijebu-Ode- Epe Road ready next year, says Abiodun.
33. The House of Representatives Committee on Federal Judiciary has called for the automation of the courts to enable them to dispense justice in record time and meet up with the growing global challenges.
34. Ngige bars NECA’s acting President from NSITF board meetings.
35. JUST IN: $10m stolen by Bitcoin scammers in biggest heist on Twitter.
36. Serial falsehood against Magu in the media: Lawyer’s stunning letter to Justice Salami.
37. From the 1st of August, Nigerian banks will be able to recover money owed from a debtor's other bank accounts.
38. Lagos to implement additional reliefs for taxpayers.
39. Shocker: Kidnapped victim killed, body hung on tree after paying N1m ransom.
40. Tech-U DVC to chair Oke Ogun Poly governing board.
41. Stakeholders demand more investment in agriculture.
42. Sokoto government earmarks N1.65bn for sports.
43. 26 Igala first class graduates get N13m scholarships.
44. LASU-ACEITSE lauded for sustaining academic research despite COVID-19 lockdown.
45. I never walked out on Obasa, says Lagos lawmaker, Moshood Oshun
46. 57 health workers contract COVID-19 in Plateau ― Official.
47. WHO, UNICEF warn of decline vaccinations during COVID-19.
48. FG approves Solid Waste Management Policy.
49. If we don’t have Tokyo Games, we’re unlikely to have Beijing 2022 ― IOC member.
50. Nigeria records 643 new coronavirus cases, total now 34,259.
Thank you and remain calm as I will bring more to you as they come.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )