It has become a norm that whoever wants to fight the Buhari-led adminstration finds a way to get the southeast involved. This guarantees a plethora of emotional supporters, who are willing to overlook the person's weakness. It also perpetuates the seeming rift between the southeast and the rest of Nigeria.
Map of Nigeria showing all the states (wikipedia.org)
Take Benue state for example, the region is plagued with herdsmen attacks and all manners of insecurity related issues, so why leave those and start southeast advocacy?.
He needs to remain focused in his fight for HIS people. Talking of what the federal government needs to do for the Southeast is old news, infrastructural development is needed in the southeast and everyone knows that.
Why does he need to face his state and leave the southeast?.
1. The southeast states have governors, it is insulting for another governor to speak out for their states. It makes it seem they are incompetent, that another governor is speaking out for their people and they are silent or not as vocal.
2. Since it is not his state, his advocacy carries little weight behind it. It simply appears he is using the southeast as a tool to keep attacking the federal government.
3. The southeast are tired of being pawns in people's political games. They speak for them, get their emotional feedback and that ends it. It is unfair to keep using the southeast this way.
4. The southeast will like to be at peace with the centre, this further deteriorates the issues in the southeast.
5. The PDP, of which he is a member were in power for 16 years, was that not enough to do what he now wants a 6yrs government to do?.
Politicians should stop using the southeast as pawns in their games. Let each fight their own battles.
Stay safe, ECfranklin cares.
Do like, share and follow.
Content created and supplied by: ECFranklin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More