In the world today, we have heard stories of how people who had nothing or came from poor backgrounds became rich suddenly. Some were even previously jailed but they came out of prison and they became great, a biblical example is Joseph the son of Jacob. Joseph was jailed in Egypt for many years but God helped him and he was released, he became the ruler of the people who jailed him previously. When God says you will make, there is nothing any man can do about it. Here is a list of 10 past and present presidents who were previously jailed.
1. Fidel Alejandro Castro: Fidel Castro was born on the 13th day of August 1926. In the year 1952, Fidel Castro was a candidate in the presidential election in Cuba, he was supposed to win then but General Fulgencio Batista led a coup and overthrew the government and the election was cancelled. Batista acted as a dictator and out of revenge, Castro organized a group called "The movement". The group consisted of 150 supporters they went out to attack Batista and overthrown him but they were unsuccessful and arrested instead. He was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment but in 1955 he was however released alongside his supporters. Castro became the prime minister of Cuba from 1959 to 1976 and he acted as president from the year 1976 to 2008.
2. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela: Nelson Mandela was born on the 18th day of the month of July 1918. In the year 1962, Nelson Mandela was arrested for gang up and conspiracy to overthrown the government, he was then released in the year 1990 after spending 28years in prison. Four years after his release, he contested for the post of president in South Africa and he won. Nelson Mandela Kicked the bucket on the 18th of December 2013.
3. Olusegun Matthew Obasanjo: Olusegun Matthew Aremu Obasanjo was born on 5th day of the month of March 1937. In 1993 during the military dictatorship of General sani Abacha, Olusegun Obasanjo was arrested because he spoke out against the abuse of human rights. He was however released in 1998 after the death of Abacha. Obasanjo ruled Nigeria twice, first as a military ruler in the year 1976 to 1979 and as a civilian president from May 1999 to 29 May 2007.
4. Jomo Kenyatta: Jomo Kenyatta was born in the year 1897, in 1952, he was accused of conspiracy and he was arrested and detained till the year 1959. He first became a prime minister before becoming president of Kenya From 1964 to the year 1978 when he died of stroke.
5. Jacob Zuma: Jacob Zuma was born on the 12th day of the month of April 1942, Zuma was arrested and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 1963 for conspiracy against the south African government. He ruled south First as the deputy president and then as president before he resigned on the 14th day of February 2018.
6. Kwame Nkrumah: Kwame Nkrumah was born on the 21st day of September 1909, he was arrested for calling for positive activity which led to a general strike on the 8th day of January 1950. He was condemned to 3 years in prison. He led Ghana as the first prime minister in 1957 and then as president in 1960.
7. Muhammadu Buhari: Muhammadu Buhari was born on the 17th day of December 1942, in 1985, General Buhari was Ousted in a military coup that was led by General Babangida and other individuals from the supreme ruling council. He was detained from 1985 to 1988. He became the president of Nigeria after wining the 2015 election, he is still president till date.
In this life, destiny can only be delayed, it cannot be denied. What will be will be so leave everything for God. So guys what do you think about this?
Content created and supplied by: Happylee (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More