On a cloudy Sunday morning, we have the following breaking and trending news headlines.
1. My sister died from infection contracted during Dr Anu’s surgery – Relative.
2. Women to get 60% of N220bn SME fund – CBN.
4. Indigenous oil firms need govt support to survive – Oji.
5. Edo 2020: LG vice chairman alleges threat to life over refusal to join PDP.
6. 525 Nigerians evacuated from US, Cyprus.
7. Incompetent leadership, nepotism fuelling corruption in Nigeria –Sanusi.
8. Police abandoned my husband in hospital after shooting him – Wife of estate valuer shot by Oyo cops.
9. Consider your safety, senior physicians warn 58 UK-bound doctors.
10. Osun Poly produces face mask.
11. I don’t flaunt my curves to seek attention –Mandy Ujunwa.
12. Safety violations: UAE impounds aircraft operated by Nigerian airline.
13. Mob burns Dangote truck for killing Ogun Okada rider.
14. Buhari names major railway station after Jonathan.
15. As kid, I scavenged my village for scraps, to make gadgets — Varsity student who built hybrid generator.
16. SS 3 pupil commits suicide after alleged assault by half-brother.
17. I couldn’t stand seeing my wife give birth — Habila, Dogara’s ex-aide.
18. Blogger, others threatening to stone me to death –Doctor whose patient died after cosmetic surgery.
19. I thought my life was over when my parents died –Idahams.
20. BREAKING: Nigeria records 653 COVID-19 cases, total now 36,107.
21. BREAKING: Arsenal beat Man City 2-0.
22. TOLULOPE AROTILE: More doubts as Yoruba of Kogi, others raise questions.
23. WTO: Okonjo-Iweala returns to the world stage.
24. 2023: Afenifere leader, Pa Fasoranti, opens up on Tinubu.
25. Trillions lost in agency, not N40billion: More revelations on Akpabio, Nunieh, others
26. Ebola cases rise in new DR Congo outbreak.
27. All to play for as Premier League enters final week of the season.
28. Algeria says public companies lost over $1bn due to coronavirus.
29. Two die in South Africa during gun battle between police, face mask thieves.
30. Coronavirus presents impending food crisis in 2021 – Agribusiness expert warns.
31. COVID-19: Ekiti bans traditional festivals in towns, villages.
32. Senate president not nursing ambition to contest for president in 2023 — media adviser.
33. Human Trafficking: Oyo govt to clamp down on illegal travel agencies.
34. Newly appointed acting VC says depressed about state of UNIPORT.
35. Imams wear masks as Mombasa mosque reopens.
36. Muslims gathered in the Kenyan city of Mombasa for Friday prayers for the first time since March when all places of worship were ordered.
37. How Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano pipeline project will revive moribund companies — Okwuosa, Oilserv boss.
38. COVID-19 ECONOMY: Investment in ICT key to survival of private, public sectors — Ayeku, ICSAN President.
39. Peace returns to NNU as group harmonises factions.
40. NYC seeks compensation for victims of rape, murder in Oyo.
41. UNDER DEVELOPMENT:N’Delta group makes fresh demands to FG, backs Itsekiri, Ijaw.
42. Daboner urges NDDC to complete Effurun school project.
43. Return to outdoor concerts won’t be an easy ride – Showbiz mogul, Omotosho.
45. Diri dedicates Supreme Court victory to God.
46. A former Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), Alhaji Abdulazeez Yari, said that the All Progressives Congress (APC) would ensure power shift to the South in 2023.
47. TYRESE Haspil, the 21 year old personal assistant, charged with the murder of the Gokada founder/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Fahim Saleh was seen on surveillance video buying an electric saw, prosecutors said yesterday.
48. Corruption in Police Force is exaggerated – Jemibewon.
49. The Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide SanwoOlu, has kicked off ‘Jobs Initiative Lagos’ – an initiative targeted at young people in eight Lagos-based tertiary institutions.
50. THE railway station in Agbor, Delta State will now be called Goodluck Jonathan Railway Station and Complex in honour of the immediate past President of Nigeria.
51. Leeds win Championship title, return to EPL.
52. Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation launches ‘Project 40 at 40’ in memory of founder.
53. Nwakali excited over Huesca’s La Liga promotion.
54. Aubameyang's double stuns Man City, sends Arsenal to FA Cup final.
55. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) will today give details of its preliminary investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot, Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile.
56. Hassana, the wife of former Edo Speaker, Zakawanu Garuba, who was abducted along the Lokoja-Abuja highway on Saturday, has been released.
57. Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi said the number of passengers per coach would be reduced from 88 to 40 to comply with social distancing.
58. Two traders, driver sentenced to community service in Edo.
59. China discovers 16 new virus cases in Xinjiang.
60. Northern Coalition Groups move to tackle insecurity.
61. COVID-19: Nigeria should seek extension of WAEC – Aremu.
62. NDDC: I was pressured to spend N10b as Christmas ‘palliatives’ — Nunieh.
63. Second Niger Bridge: work reaches 43 percent in Anambra.
64. Students group stages online protest, demands school reopening.
65. Ex-NASS Clerk, Sani-Omolori fights back •Moves to stop appointment of new management.
66. COVID-19: Death may rise beyond 10,000 people if… —Experts.
67. Having hits does not equate to wealth in the industry – Steve Osagie.
68. COVID-19: Lagosians groan as prices of foodstuffs, rent soar.
69. Rape: Osun begins martial arts training for women.
70. Why my impeachment won’t work —Ajayi.
71. Govt should activate anti same-sex law to check lesbianism —Group.
72. Ondo 2020: Issues as APC picks governorship candidate tomorrow.
73. Only serious prayer can reshape Nigeria —Animasahun.
74. I’ll win the state for PDP and Ondo people —Olafeso.
75. Dep gov must resign his office as the ticket belongs to APC —Adetimehin.
76. It was so tough I was wearing my father’s native attires in university —Agbeyo.
77. For 19 years, NDDC couldn’t point to one solid project —Akpabio.
Thank you and stay tuned as more is coming soon.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More