It's a cloudy Tuesday on the 21th day of July. We have the following News headlines.
1. Alaibe’s congratulatory message insulting, unacceptable – Diri
2. Image rights delaying Osimhen’s €80m Napoli move –Agent.
3. LASEPA shuts pubs for hosting fun-seekers despite ban.
4. Police arrest motorcycle thieves in Ogun.
5. Access Bank completes acquisition of Kenyan bank.
6. Mikel’s exit cost Trabzonspor league title – Turkish fans.
7. Osun man jailed one month for stealing plantain.
8. Doctor dies in Rivers crash 48 hours after completing NYSC.
9. PDP primary: Ondo deputy gov not a threat, says Jegede.
10. National Assembly: Weakest arm of government.
11. Compensation list from Taraba stalls 3,050MW Mambilla project.
12. Forex uncertainty worries businesses as CBN retains 12.5% interest rate.
13. Albanian league win, victory for African coaches – Egbo.
14. Police to get Arotile’s case file soon – NAF.
15. Man fined N215,000, commits suicide in Ogun.
16. Buhari mourns as friend, political associate, Isa Funtua, dies.
17. Gunmen kill 21 in fresh Kaduna village attack.
18. EFCC probe: ‘How 2023 is tearing APC apart’
19. Nigeria records 562 new cases of COVID-19.
20. Key Findings from EFInA Agents Survey: A tall order for financial inclusion in Nigeria
21. Akpabio Vs Nunieh: FIDA Nigeria calls for decorum, accountability
22. Reps begin probe of alleged illegal sack of NSITF, MBET, TCN managements
23. NDDC: Startling revelations, drama at Reps’ hearing
24. N40bn probe: Gbajabiamila empathises with ailing NDDC boss
25. How Amotekun will tackle crime in Ekiti — Commandant.
26. Senate will not be distracted in delivering mandate — Lawan
27. Reps begin checks into immigration documents of Chinese in Nigeria
29. Police discover another ‘Torture House’ in Suleja, rescue fifteen teenagers
30. Court remands man for stealing policeman’s motorcycle in barrack.
31. AUTO CRASH: Ondo only female lawmaker escapes death by whiskers.
32. Two allegedly killed in renewed cult clash in Akwa Ibom community
33. Late Edo speaker’s wife still in abductors custody
34. 2 dead, 6 injured in Onitsha multiple accident
35. Gridlock: Lagos govt flags off construction of Ogudu-Ojota link roads
36. Building collapse: Stakeholders call for proactive approach towards addressing menace
37. IFMA Nigeria lauds federal government’s handover of National Theatre
38. Architects’ regulation body seeks government’s patronage
39. 20 applicants submit proposals requesting N67bn grants for development of vaccines — CBN.
40. ‘FG hasn’t approved rollover of service for public servants due for retirement’
41. COVID-19: No salary cut, sack of workers in Anambra – Commissioner
42. Court remands two men for allegedly stealing 15 crates of eggs
43. 57 Marginal field: Urhobo youth leaders urge FG to halt bidding process
44. Ballot counting in Syria’s parliamentary elections near completion
45. Imo contracts: Judicial Commission forecloses hearing from 21 witnesses
46. Farmers/Herders Conflict: Ranching may takeoff in Plateau before Dec – Prof. Wade
47. COVID-19: Transport fares continue to skyrocket – NBS
48. Credit to economy rises 21.5% to N18.9trn
49. Labour lauds FIRS for boosting FG’s revenue
50. Gov. Ortom tasks council chairmen on security in Benue
51. ‘Amotekun will use supernatural power to combat insecurity’
52. Suspended NSITF MD accuses Ngige of hijacking management
53. Banks restructure $20b loans as virus hits
54. Govt releases N995.7b for capital projects
55. NDDC spent N4.2b in one day, Akpabio tells Reps
56. Pondei won’t face panel again, says Gbajabiamila
57. APC chief Ogienmwonyi backs Ize-Iyamu
56. Ending terrorism, banditry depends on Nigerians, says Buratai
57. CONTRACT splitting is rampant in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Niger Delta Affairs Minister Godswill Akpabio, said on Monday.
58. Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and his All Progressives Congress (APC) opponent, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, are engaging in a fresh face-off over sponsorship of thugs, cultists and other criminals.
59. BREAKING: Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) has won the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with a wide margin.
60. BREAKING: Nigeria records 562 new cases of COVID-19, total now 37,225
61. NNPC Retail, Auto Fit partner on vehicle care services
62. Ondo polls: Tension in APC as vote-buying rocks PDP
63. N81.5bn probe: PDP derides APC as NDDC MD faints before Reps panel
64. Solar pumping system in rural area a waste —ICPC official
65. Media report on Apapa congestion misleading —Taskforce.
66. N40bn probe: Gbajabiamila empathises with ailing NDDC boss Pondei
67. CACOVID-19: Food palliatives to Niger to be distributed on completion of supplies.
68. Dollar demand puts Naira under more pressure at parallel market.
69. Our members have accessed N13bn from CBN — MAGPAMAN.
70. 3 factors hindering solar mini-grid development in Nigeria —Report.
Thank you and stay tuned as more is coming your way soon.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More