The sudden increase in mortality rate due to childbirth complications is fast becoming a thing of great concern all over the world. In Nigeria, the mortality rate is actually higher than that of America. However, recently, there's been an occurrence which might cause people's views concerning this matter to change drastically.
Few days ago, a prominent Nigerian business woman died some days after the delivery of her son in Fairfax Virginia, USA. She obviously died from postpartum complications. Many Nigerians initially thought she had given birth back here in Nigeria but in a recent statement released by her family, the assumption was corrected. See the Screenshot of statement below:
It's a really unfortunate and saddening news. The baby boy she left behind would never get to meet his mother leaving a void which would be difficult to fill.
Although the late Diekolola was quite prominent, many people do not know much about her. Therefore, in this article, I will be sharing ten facts about her which many may or may not know.
Ten Facts about the Late Diekolola Avielele
1. Diekolola Osa Avielele is the second daughter of Chief Cornelius Adebayo who is a former Governor of Kwara State. He also served as a one time Minister for communication.
2. She died at the age of 44 in Fairfax, Virginia, USA where she had birth to her son.
3. She had a Bachelor of Law degree from UNILORIN and the Nigerian Law School, Abuja
4. She had once worked as an in-house Attorney with Globacom Nigeria and Conoil Production Ltd before setting up Cedarwood.
5. She actually died on Thursday, the 16th day of July, 2020.
6. She did her Masters at the Howard University School of Law, Washington DC, USA
7. She was a Silent philanthropist who was passionate about the less privileged children.
8. She was an athlete and the house captain of her house in her secondary School years.
9. She died from postpartum complications after giving birth to her son who is fortunately very healthy.
10. Before her death, she was also the CEO of D'Venue Event Centres.
I believe you now know more about her than you did minutes ago. You'd agreewith me that It's quite disheartening to realize that this news came in few days after we lost the youngest female pilot in Nigeria. I pray that God grants her immediate family and friends the fortitude to bear this great loss. May her beautiful soul rest in Peace, Amen!
Please like, share and type RIP. May God continue to keep us safe, Amen. Thanks for reading!
Content created and supplied by: Indomiewrites (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More