When you get to the airport, you have to know the direction to go. There is a stand for visitors visa, permanent residence, and so on. So if you are going on a visit, you have to go to the side for visitors.
When you arrive, the first question the immigration officer will ask you is your passport. Now you have to ensure that all your documents are in one envelope. When you give it to the immigration officer, he will look at it and look at you. You have to make sure that you are the person on the passport. Then they will ask you about your birthday.
2. The second question they will ask you is how long you are staying in Canada. If you have six months on your visa, ensure that you say six months
3. Thirdly, they will ask you if you have any plans to work in Canada. If you have a visitor visa, this is very important. Because you are not allowed to work in Canada as a visitor. It is against the law. If you want to work in Canada with your visitor visa, you will have to find an employer willing to give you a work permit.
When the officers ask you questions, they will look straight into your eyes to know if you are lying. And if they find out that you are lying, they will send you back. So you have to be very honest with your answers.
4. The fourth question is how you support yourself. If you go to Canada with a visitor’s visa, they expect you to have enough money to take care of yourself. Unless you are a parent, and your child or children are they to support you. Or you have parents or relatives who are they to support you. If not, you have to tell them the amount of money you have that will sustain you for the period you will be staying.
5. The fifth question is what you are doing in Canada. If you are a visitor and have a work permit, you have to inform them about it.
6. The sixth question is who are you traveling with? So if you are traveling by yourself, you say so. If not, you have to tell them who you are traveling with.
7. The seventh question is your address. They would ask for your address in Canada. If you don’t have a place in Canada, you can tell them that you will be staying in a hotel.
8. If you are an international student, they will ask for your letter of acceptance.
9. As an international student, they will also ask you how you manage to pay your fees. Then you will tell them if it’s your parents, relatives, or guardian. Or if you are the one sponsoring yourself.
10. If you are on sponsorship, they will ask you who your sponsor is If it is your husband or wife. You have to tell them who your sponsor is. Then they will give you a form. You have to make sure that you keep the form well because that is your temporary resident card. It is important to keep it safe because after about three or five years when you will want to apply for Canadian citizenship you will need the form. This is also because you will have to attach the form to your application.
11. If you arrive with a work permit visa, they will ask you what you will be doing in Canada. You have to tell them the type of work. Then they will request your employer’s address. You have to ensure that you have your employer’s contact because they will contact your employer.
12. If you are going on a visitor visa, they will ask if you have any plan to extend your stay. Just say no. Tell them that you will go back even before the expiration of the visa.
Note; Always make sure that you are relaxed when you are being interviewed.
Content created and supplied by: Chinenye497 (via Opera News )