Senator Lawan has won the Senate Presidential election held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the State House of Assembly in Abuja. Senator Lawan, who received 79 votes, took the oath of office as the new Speaker of the Senate after defeating Senator Muhammad Ali Ndume who received only 28 votes. After months of consultations and support, Senator Ahmed, who represents Yobe North, has fulfilled his dream of becoming the Speaker of the Senate during the inauguration of the new Federal Parliament in the history of the country. You certainly know about the new President of the Senate.
1. At the age of 56 in the world, Senator Ahmed Lawan was born in 1959. He holds a bachelor's degree in Geography from the University of Maiduguri. He holds a Postgraduate Diploma, Master's and PhD at Cranfield University in the United Kingdom. He served the country in Benue State.
2. Prior to his tenure as Senator of Yobe North, Senator Lawan did nothing but teach. He spent most of his early years teaching at the University of Maiduguri until his retirement in politics.
3. Senator Lawan has been in the House of Representatives since 1999 when he was elected as a member of the House of Representatives. After eight years in the House of Representatives, Senator Lawan was elected to the Senate in 2007 and is currently the APC's most experienced senator.
4. As the Hausa people say, Senator Lawan's skill, hard work and dedication have played a key role in winning many awards and prizes, including the CON (National Honors Award of the Commander of the Commander of the Command) the Order of the Niger).
5. It is envied that Senator Lawan has a blood relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari. The discovery was made during a visit to First Lady Aisha Buhari during a visit to Jos to offer condolences to former Governor Tanko Al - Makura on the death of his mother.
Content created and supplied by: KUFA (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More